PDA

View Full Version : Recommend your PS camera

09Mom
05-06-2010, 10:30 PM
Our camera has been dropped one too many times. Any recommendations? I want something that can accomodate my husband the blinker and that has a decent shutter speed for taking pictures of DD. Don't want to spend too much since the new camera will probably be dropped too much too.

Indianamom2
05-06-2010, 10:33 PM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/indianamom2/4585813292/

I like my Sony DSC -H50. It's large, and it wasn't overly cheap (at the time), but it does have a nice zoom (15x) and takes really beautiful pictures.

I have a love/hate relationship with the size. It's easy to hold steady because it's large, but it's big, so it doesn't just fit in your pocket.

That being said, it has done a really nice job in a variety of settings and I really know very little about it still.

The image linked at the beginning is one I took last weekend at the zoo.

Tondi G
05-07-2010, 12:04 PM
we have been very happy with our little Canon powershot digital elph cameras. Our old one is an SD550 and my DS got an SD1200 for his birthday last year from Grandma. It is 10mp. pretty quick, super compact, takes short videos too. We just went on a cruise and took our big DSLR along but DS brought his little Point and shoot and we found ourselves taking the little camera along in the ports so we didn't have to lug and worry about the SLR. We like Canon cameras all around.

ETA my mom got DS's camera at Costco.com for a good price... came with a memory card etc.

LMPC
05-07-2010, 12:07 PM
Another vote for the Canon line. I've had a couple and loved all of them. Even talked my mom into getting one -- she loves it too!

elektra
05-07-2010, 12:16 PM
I need a new camera too! My Elph has bitten the dust I'm afraid. My last two cameras have been Canon Elphs, and those have worked well for us.
I was thinking of looking into the Panasonic one that was supposedly like the Leica that ChunkyNicksChunkyMom had posted about.
I really know nothing about cameras though so I will be following this thread. :)