PDA

View Full Version : TMI: Do hemorrhoids ever not hurt?

Melaine
05-07-2010, 09:11 AM
So "my friend" has this question. :wink2: No history of hemorrhoids but has been having some digestive issues, constipation/diarrhea. A couple days ago this "friend" noticed a couple of small bumps in the rectal area. Likened them to a pimple. Sort of hard, small bumps. No pain, however.
I think this could be hemorrhoids, but my "friend" thinks they always hurt. Could it be hemorrhoids even without pain? I'm thinking this person should use the hemorrhoid ointment for a week or so before rushing into the doctor and being all stressed out. Everything I'm reading online seems to indicate it would be hemorrhoids but I'm iffy on the pain issue. Anyone? Thanks!!!
My "friend" appreciates it.:)

liz
05-07-2010, 09:58 AM
Yes, this could definitely be hemmorhoids. They don't always hurt. Usually with a high fiber diet and an increase in fluid intake they should subside. Over the counter fiber supplements (metamucil etc) can help bulk up your stool (and help with constipation) and meds to soften the stool (like miralax) can also help. If they are bleeding, don't subside within a few weeks, or become worse in any way, you might want to talk to your doctor, especially regarding the diarrhea/contsipation issues. gl

Melaine
05-07-2010, 10:09 AM
Thanks a bunch Liz. Confirms my thoughts to treat it at home before rushing to the Dr. ITA that a doctor needs to be consulted about the other digestive issues but we've been working on diet changes for that over the last couple weeks. We think it might be lactose intolerance causing some of these issues. Thanks for the advice!

LarsMal
05-07-2010, 12:39 PM
Um, I have a "friend" who has had such issues. They definitely don't always hurt. I agree with Liz, try treating it at home first and follow up with a doc if they aren't better in a couple weeks.

That is always such a lovely doctor's visit!

mom2binsd
05-07-2010, 08:06 PM
Get the Cooling gel, and use the adult wipes after a Bowel movement....when you say they don't hurt, do they not itch...wish mine didn't "hurt"...they've hurt for 5 years....

JoyNChrist
05-07-2010, 08:50 PM
Um..."my friend" is really jealous of your "friend," because "my friend"'s hemorrhoids hurt like hell. ;)

Melaine
05-07-2010, 09:00 PM
Yeah, I'm sorry. You guys are cracking me up. My "friend" isn't really my friend but my friend also isn't me, believe it or not. Let's just say the "friend" swore me to secrecy.

I have tons of itching and burning (no idea if I actually have hemorrhoids or not), does that make you feel better?

Sillygirl
05-07-2010, 10:31 PM
They don't always hurt, but non-hurting ones can turn into hurting ones if they thrombose.

Tucks wipes are OK, but here's the ultimate in relief: http://www.totousa.com/WhyTOTO/Innovation/Washlet.aspx

catsnkid
05-08-2010, 10:49 AM
Um, my "friend" has anal fissures. Those really are painful at certain times..