PDA

View Full Version : what's your morning twisty straw?? :)

boogiemomz
05-07-2010, 10:27 AM
DD screamed all morning while i was trying to get her down for her nap, cat peed on his favorite spot on the carpet for i think the 97 millionth time this year, the apartment looks like a war zone, and my nerves are shot. now DD is finally sleeping, my vinegar/baking soda/diluted peroxide concoction is soaking into the carpet, and i need a drink. :dizzy: but since it's only 10:30 in the morning (EST), i'm settling for a cup of coffee, couch time, and a trusty rerun of the office on dvd. my breast pump will be involved, which is not the most fun, but at least i can enjoy pumping in peace, without chasing DD around at the same time.

SO... what do you do in the morning when you need a *YOU* moment and find yourself with a pocket of time to indulge yourself?

wendibird22
05-07-2010, 10:34 AM
SO... what do you do in the morning when you need a *YOU* moment and find yourself with a pocket of time to indulge yourself?

Pee in private! That's a rare luxury these days! I also find Dr. Pepper or Reese's Peanut Butter cups are great mood elevators.

Hugs! You know it is afternoon somewhere....:54:

boogiemomz
05-07-2010, 10:38 AM
well, DD just woke up screaming RIGHT as i was hitting play on the DVD player and turning on the pump. she slept for 30 minutes, so i think we're done for the morning. sigh... well, in a classic very bad mommy moment, we're leaving the TV on while i pump (i'm EPing, to clarify), b/c it keeps her still and quiet. i'm going to ruin her yet. but i can't deal at the moment.

you're right... it IS afternoon somewhere... hmmmm.....

Andi98989
05-07-2010, 10:58 AM
We generally have the tv on all the time in our living room, and that's where DS does most of his playing. He ignores it for the most part, but every so often the bright moving stuff catches his focus for a few minutes and then he's back to toys. Doesn't bother me.

Pumping and nap time are hard to juggle - BTDT!!!

I hope her nap re-set her a little bit; I know DS was a grouch this morning. Hoping his nap in the car on the way to grandma's fixed him up. Or that he's in a good mood by the time I get there tonight!! :)

If I'm at home, I'll try and scrounge up some cookies or something 'naughty' for myself. If I'm out, it's a Starbucks chai latte.

boogiemomz
05-07-2010, 11:30 AM
OMG, when there's a TV on in the room, DD goes catatonic. it's pretty sad. :nodno:

thanks for commiserating! i'm hoping for better naps the rest of the day... of course, a bad first nap doesn't bode well for the remaining naps. :(