PDA

View Full Version : When to start use of Tripp Trapp

crl
05-07-2010, 12:03 PM
DD is only a month old, but I'm thinking about what to do for a high chair when she starts on solids at six months or so. Can a Tripp Trapp be used at that age? ( I figure I'd better start stalking a deal if that's what I decide on.)

Catherine

smiles33
05-07-2010, 12:13 PM
Yes, you can use it at 6 months but you'll definitely need the Baby accessory set. I thought I could get away without one (as they cost $50-60) because my 11 month old DD2 can sit upright without any problems. However, she squirms and lurches so much that I kept her in my DD1's FP Healthy Care Booster and let DD1 use the TT for now. When DD2 calms down, I may move her back to the TT as DD1 probably will get sick of it. Then again, this may mean I have to buy a second TT. I got mine during Albee Baby's great deal ($165). I see them on CL for $100-$150 though.

elektra
05-07-2010, 12:17 PM
I used the TT with DS from the very beginning, with the baby rail. We have one for DD too. Love those chairs.

Wondermom
05-07-2010, 12:41 PM
We started DS1 right at 6 months when he started solids-- with the baby rail. He'll turn 3 in Aug. and we still love ours.

Please post if you find a deal. I'm stalking one for DS2 who's now 4 months.

crl
05-07-2010, 01:08 PM
Excellent. Thank you for the feedback. There's some deal in the bargains forum right Noe, but not as good as the Albee one was.
Catherine

becca_g
05-07-2010, 06:05 PM
Excellent. Thank you for the feedback. There's some deal in the bargains forum right Noe, but not as good as the Albee one was.
Catherine

bugaboo17n code for 17% off at albeebaby today (stokke excluded but still works when I put TT in my cart) ... brings TT down to $207.xx.

you could have diapers.com price match then go thru Bing for cashback (probably 10%) ... also if new diapers.com customer can get 10% off, use referral code for $10 off with diaper purchase, and send in $10 Parenting magazine rebate.