PDA

View Full Version : TMI - Is there puke in my ear?

smcdonald2
05-07-2010, 05:12 PM
So I've got morning sickness, which is finally tapering off to not more than once a day.

But the last three times I've thrown up, I've gotten severe earaches that lasted all day afterward. My "reversing" has been pretty powerful - it usually comes out my nose and it's just...awful.

So my question is...is it backing up into my ear somehow? The thought is pretty horrifying, and I don't know what to do about it. If it isn't, why does my left ear hurt whenever I throw up?

So sorry for the grossness of this question. :tongue5: Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this?

Indianamom2
05-07-2010, 05:17 PM
Oh gosh, I have no idea if that could be the case, but I will say I can totally sympathize with the horrible-ness of puking via the nose.

One night was it was pizza (no idea what I was thinking!) and that was absolutely miserable beyond words.

Feel better soon! :hug:

DietCokeLover
05-07-2010, 07:02 PM
I have no idea how to answer your question, but I think I'd call your doc - for peace of mind if nothing else.

Hope you feel better soon!

ThreeofUs
05-07-2010, 07:30 PM
You know, I think it is possible that your gastric acids could go up your eustachian tube, or that the pressure of throwing up hard could irritate your tubes.

Talk to your doc about it.

DrSally
05-07-2010, 09:53 PM
Wow, I'm sorry. I agree to talk to your dr. My guess would be the pressure may have irritated your ears, but it may be possible something got in there.

hopeful_mama
05-08-2010, 11:56 AM
I asked my DH about this - he's not a doctor, but he often knows things like this, so I asked if he did just for my own curiosity, but what he said sounded reasonable so I thought I'd post. He doesn't believe it could get into the eustachian tubes, but said it definitely could get into your sinuses. That could potentially make it feel like your ear hurt (something about the acid irritating a nerve). You could try a netipot to see if that helped (though I also agree about talking to your doctor).