PDA

View Full Version : Rabits in my Garden

mommylamb
05-07-2010, 07:36 PM
I planted a vegetable garden for the first time ever this year. Things are coming up now and I'm really excited about it... except the rabbits have found it. I just went out to water it and there was this itty bitty baby bunny in my garden. He was so cute. But no matter how cute he is I'm still :32:. Short of turning my two inside cats into outside cats, anyone have any idea what I can do to keep the bunnies away from my green beans???

LMPC
05-07-2010, 07:53 PM
I have heard that cat poop is very good at keeping rabbits away. I would just scoop some out of the box and put it around your garden. The scent of the cats should keep out the baby bunnies! GL!

mom2binsd
05-07-2010, 08:11 PM
I've also heard that they sell these "blood" pellets that keep bunnies away, also urine (but it has to be old urine so you've got to store it up then put it out there...ya that's easy to do!!

All of our neighbors put up small 18" fences around their gardens to keep out all the bunnies we have around here. As I sit here I can see 2 hopping across our lawn!

SkyrMommy
05-07-2010, 08:36 PM
Um, shoot it & make a stew? Just kidding...

We've installed a small landscaping fence around our blueberries to keep the little rabbits out & away. DH found it at our Tractor Supply Company here - a roll of 20' was about $10 and it bent & shaped very easily.

Our big garden is already fenced out from the deer, woodchucks, skunks, possums, raccoons - you name it - it's probably found it's way into our garden over the year and eaten something! Grrrrr...