PDA

View Full Version : Don't you hate it when...

Twoboos
05-07-2010, 08:16 PM
Your DC says they have a stomach ache in the morning, but no temp and spend half the time acting as usual, so you send them to school, where they are a little off but nothing too major and then still complain of stomach but still no temp when home...

And then 12hrs after the initial report of illness, pukes.

All I can think about is exposing all those kids on Mother's Day weekend. UUUGGGHHH!!!!!! Karma is going to get me in a bad way!!!

s7714
05-07-2010, 08:55 PM
Don't feel bad. Someone else probably went through the same thing and thus exposed your DC!

My younger DD did that back in Dec. She complained her tummy hurt at one point in the morning but had no other symptoms. We went ahead and went to the Nutcracker because she seemed to be fine. Luckily she made it through the performance, into the car and onto the road before she puked. I have no idea what would have happened it she would have puked while the ballet was going on! :sulkoff:I felt guilty for potentially exposing all the people sitting around us to it!

Green_Tea
05-07-2010, 09:21 PM
If I kept DD2 home every time she complained about a tummy ache, she'd spend 80% of the week at home. It's her go-to excuse for everything she doesn't want to do - cleaning up toys, brushing teeth, eating dinner. I have tried explaining that when she always tells me her tum hurts, I never know when to believe her.

I have walked in your shoes before, mama. No worries.

Dyonia
05-07-2010, 11:57 PM
Do you live in my house?

That's what happened here, the main difference being that DD puked ALL OVER HER DESK today at school.......

ewww....poor kiddo