PDA

View Full Version : Love our new BJ Summit XC!!!

becca_g
05-07-2010, 11:44 PM
As some of you may recall, I debated endlessly about whether to purchase the 2010 BJCE or BJ Summit XC.

Liked the low maintenance of foam-filled tires and the raised kicker for leg support on the BJCE but was concerned that the ride might be a bit rougher than with the Summit XC.

Finally decided on the Summit XC because of our very hilly neighborhood and the fact that the Summit XC has hand-operated rear drum brakes for hilly terrain.

Today realized that where our neighborhood ends there are multiple rough trails through the woods, which are great for off-roading with our new stroller. I'm guessing the BJCE would have done fine, but the all-wheel suspension and larger air-filled tires on the Summit totally rock on the dirt trails! Yeehaw!

Suzanne74
05-08-2010, 12:26 AM
Congrats!! :bighand:

Kaylee31
05-08-2010, 01:09 AM
Thats cool..I wish I had some trails within walking distance. Glad you like the Summit. I would be a little jealous, because I was considering getting one. But I ended up getting the TT CX3, and took it on some hiking trails earlier this week, and it did great. DS loved riding through the woods in it.

arivecchi
05-08-2010, 09:39 AM
JEALOUS! Pics please! :loveeyes:

blondflava
05-08-2010, 10:00 AM
Congrats!! Pics, I'd love to see it :D

becca_g
05-22-2010, 03:17 AM
Discovered there's a beautiful gravel walking trail along a canal (looks like a small river to me) not even 5 minutes from our house. How did we not know about that?

Took the Summit XC for a whirl last weekend, and a woman walking her dog stopped us to say, "Wow, that's the perfect stroller for this trail with those big tires."

Major stroller pride, I have to tell ya :)

Will try to post some pictures soon.

WatchingThemGrow
05-22-2010, 07:06 AM
Took the Summit XC for a whirl last weekend, and a woman walking her dog stopped us to say, "Wow, that's the perfect stroller for this trail with those big tires."
And she said nothing about the cute baby riding in it? Wait, you did have the baby with you, right?

Jelly Bean
05-22-2010, 07:14 AM
And she said nothing about the cute baby riding in it? Wait, you did have the baby with you, right?

LOL! This reminds me of when we just had DD AND got a portico put on our house. The elderly lady across the street yelled as I was getting into my car holding DD in a carseat, with balloons tied to our portico..."I see you have a new addition! Bet that's nice when it rains!"

Um, hello! I would think the "new addition" that I'm holding in my arms is a lot more interesting!

Suzanne74
05-22-2010, 11:18 AM

I have been known to REALLY want to take the BJCE out with me when I walk the dog and the baby is with DH. :bag That is how much I love my stroller.

jacksmoma
05-22-2010, 12:25 PM
oh my gosh, you have to post pics of the summit! it's so hard to find much on that awesome stroller!

becca_g
05-22-2010, 12:36 PM

She did comment on the cute baby, but only after she commented on the stroller :)

becca_g
05-22-2010, 12:37 PM
lol! This reminds me of when we just had dd and got a portico put on our house. The elderly lady across the street yelled as i was getting into my car holding dd in a carseat, with balloons tied to our portico..."i see you have a new addition! Bet that's nice when it rains!"

um, hello! I would think the "new addition" that i'm holding in my arms is a lot more interesting!

:rotflmao:

purpelina
05-22-2010, 09:24 PM
Congrats!
Glad you like the stroller :)
Also, the issue with air tires maintenance versus forever is abit exaggerated, I would say. I have city classic with air tires, and nothing ever happened to them (knock on wood). We pump them once a year... :D

rissainthesky
05-22-2010, 10:44 PM
We just got it also on Monday, I am IN LOVE. I am using as my everyday stroller, I love it SO MUCH. Best purchase ever.

I was also debating btwn the BJCE and I am really glad I went with the Summit. I plan on training for a half marathon so I can actually run with it.