PDA

View Full Version : What can you tell me about the Mountain Buggy Urban Double?

dukie41181
05-08-2010, 09:29 PM
There is one on my local CL and I'm in the market for a AT double. What can you tell me about this one?

http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/bab/1731181035.html

strollerqueen
05-08-2010, 11:52 PM
Fabulous stroller! I love mine dearly! :heartbeat: Have a review of it on my site (the Elite version). The Euro version, the Jungle double, was just on sale at B. Trendie, WITH a carrycot, for $399!

salsah
05-09-2010, 12:17 AM
love it. it's great. the canopy is small but fortunately for me, my kids haven't complained about it (they actually complained about bj's huge canopies). imo, it's the best AT double. if the canopy is an issue, add on a double rayshade and you're good to go. i would not trade quality and performance for a larger canopy.

arivecchi
05-09-2010, 09:26 AM
Great stroller. Tiny sunshade. Deal breaker for me. I am morally opposed to buying an extension for a super expensive stroller. :ROTFLMAO: I think you can get more bang for your buck with other doubles. You can find a new one on sale for $399 like SQ said.

swissair81
05-09-2010, 10:47 AM
There is one on my local CL and I'm in the market for a AT double. What can you tell me about this one?

http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/bab/1731181035.html

You're lucky I am not in the market for another double. That looks like a great deal. Right in my very own neck of the woods...

KrisM
05-09-2010, 12:00 PM
I haven't been in that market in 4 years, but at the time, it would not fold small enough for my trunk in my Malibu Maxx. Make sure that whatever car you'll use it in is big enough for it to fit.

schums
05-09-2010, 12:36 PM
The MBUD was my only double with DC. LOVED that thing!! It was big, but folded flat, so if you have an SUV or van, it'll work. It's sort of heavy to lift tho, but I didn't think horribly so. If I had a need, I'd buy it again in a heartbeat!

Make sure you check what year it is. I've heard that current accessories don't work with older models, but I don't know what year that falls into. Also, there was a recall a few years ago, so check on that. Maybe StrollerQueen can fill in the blanks?

dukie41181
05-09-2010, 04:35 PM
What area are you from?

You're lucky I am not in the market for another double. That looks like a great deal. Right in my very own neck of the woods...

dukie41181
05-09-2010, 04:36 PM
Fabulous stroller! I love mine dearly! :heartbeat: Have a review of it on my site (the Elite version). The Euro version, the Jungle double, was just on sale at B. Trendie, WITH a carrycot, for $399!

Is this sale still going? Does it go on sale often?

swissair81
05-10-2010, 09:39 PM
What area are you from?

Detroit Metro area.

daniele_ut
05-10-2010, 10:19 PM
I love my MB. LOVE it. I sold the first one I had and then pined for it until I ended up buying a second one. My first was a used black MBUD, but my current one is a pumpkin MB Urban Jungle Double and I really like it even more. The only major difference is the lack of adjustable handle on the Jungle, but that makes it fold a little smaller, which is perfect for me. It fits with room to spare in my Chevy Malibu trunk (which is a little bigger than the trunk on the Maxx Kris has).