PDA

View Full Version : what to get new big bro/sis twin gift?

fauve01
05-08-2010, 10:51 PM
My cousin recently had a new baby (a miracle at 43 years old and after 4 ivfs for the first kids). i was wondering what gift to get the almost 3YO siblings twins to send along with the newborn gift (pink robeez and a Haba rattle). I normally like to send books, but they dont' live close and i don't know what they already have. what do you all suggest? I don't want to spend a lot, just something so they're not forgotten. is there something i could get them to share (game maybe? or little people? or ???) or should it be two little soemthings? should i just get books? maybe sticker books? Help! i'm lost!

TIA!
Anne

p.s. if you have a better idea for the newborn, i'd love to hear that too...

elephantmeg
05-09-2010, 08:28 PM
sticker books sound good, playdough stuff maybe. My kids are really doing Mr Potato head lately too.

Dr C
05-09-2010, 08:37 PM
One of the best big brother presents DS got was a HUGE Melissa and Doug sticker book. It was fun to play with, and we also doled the stickers out frequently as rewards/bribes (something we needed a lot of around that time, LOL!).
In general anything that they can play with independantly while new mom has her hands full with the baby would be good.