PDA

View Full Version : Not so happy mother's day

Reyadawnbringer
05-09-2010, 01:03 PM
I didn't get the ONE thing I wanted for mothers day and I am totally bummed out about it.

Let me explain. DS has been sick pretty much constantly since January. We have had multiple URI's, sinus infections, 3 bouts of pink eye, 3 ear infections, Step throat, nasal drip, thrush, diaper yeast rash, and supposedly all caused from seasonal allergies (and this is just his list of illnesses starting from Easter). DS has been on so many medications round the clock he practically gives them to himself. He even checks his own temperature. I prayed to God and the cosmos that for mother's day I could have just one thing.... a healthy household, (DH and I have been sick too). I have been so depressed that DS is so sick. I know he has been feeling yucky and many nights despite every effort on our part, he ends up coughing himself to sleep. One night he coughed so hard he threw up. This was the same day he had been diagnosed with Strep and Ear infection. And pink eye 3 days before that. He was so tired that night that his eyes were just rolling into the back of his head between coughing fits.

Now, trust me- we have literally tried EVERYTHING. The doctors assure us there is nothing much else we can do, he just suffers from allergies and his system needs to mature and make it through this horrible season. FWIW this season is one of the worst in the recent history for this area. Well, its now a week later after the strep/ear infection diagnoses and DS started pulling at his OTHER ear today. I checked his temp and it was 101.3. He went down for a nap and woke up with eyes crusted over, so i am pretty sure he has ANOTHER ear infection and pink eye again.

I don't really want much. I don't need jewelry, or clothes, or breakfast in bed. I don't need to be taken out for dinner. Heck, I would even trade my mother's day cards in if I could just have a healthy family.

Add to all this, the fact that DH's work is evil and making everyone work today so I don't even get to spend the day with my little family.

/sigh, maybe next year... I guess DS could use some P&PT

happymom
05-09-2010, 01:17 PM
:hug: and more :hug:. I'm so sorry. Poor little DS and poor mama. Puts things in perpective for the rest of us I think. I hope your little guy feels better fast.

KathyN115
05-09-2010, 01:20 PM
Oh, that sounds miserable for you and DS. Hope that he feels better soon, and you try to enjoy your day regardless.

jgenie
05-09-2010, 01:41 PM
:hug: Hope your little guy is well soon. :hug:

LarsMal
05-09-2010, 01:45 PM
Puts things in perpective for the rest of us I think.

:yeahthat:

My day is not going as planned- at all- but is nothing compared to what you've been going through. I hope you all feel better soon, especially your little guy. :hug:

elephantmeg
05-09-2010, 02:11 PM
sending P+PT to you all!

randomkid
05-09-2010, 02:12 PM
My day is not going as planned- at all- but is nothing compared to what you've been going through. I hope you all feel better soon, especially your little guy. :hug:

:yeahthat: And I was irritated because I did laundry and cleaned the bathroom today. I know how it is to have a little one who is sick all the time. I went through the same thing with DD at 19 months old. She was sick, I was sick, my parents were sick (because they would take care of her so I could try to go to work) until I finally had to take her out of daycare. :hug::hug: to you and your DS. It does get better, but when I was going through it and people would tell me that, it didn't really help at that moment. So, I understand and I'm sorry you are having such a rotten day/year.

bubbaray
05-09-2010, 02:14 PM
Puts things in perpective for the rest of us I think. I hope your little guy feels better fast.

:yeahthat:

Hugs mama -- sick kids are no fun. Have you considered whether it might be asthma?? My DD#1 was diagnosed at 13m. The night coughing is a key clue.

boogiemomz
05-09-2010, 02:16 PM
so sorry, mama. hope he can get healthy soon. :hug:

Melbel
05-09-2010, 04:21 PM
:hug: and more :hug:. I'm so sorry. Poor little DS and poor mama. Puts things in perpective for the rest of us I think. I hope your little guy feels better fast.

:yeahthat: Sending some prayers and positive thoughts for your little one. It is so hard to see them suffer. I know you said you have tried everything, but I would suggest probiotics to help counter the yeast/thrush issues. With all of the antibiotics, it is easy to get yeast over growth. Also, note that allergies can trigger asthma attacks w/ persistent coughing. Wishing you the happiest of days that you can muster under the circumstances.

LexyLou
05-09-2010, 05:16 PM
:hug5:I'm sorry. Poor DS, and poor mama and daddy. :(

DietCokeLover
05-09-2010, 05:21 PM
I'm so sorry. I hope you all can get some relief soon.

daisymommy
05-09-2010, 05:25 PM
HUGS :hug: and a big Happy Mother's Day to you! I'm sorry things are tough right now. I know how hard it is to see your little one sick and miserable. I hope that he gets better and that you have a brighter tomorrow!

becca_g
05-09-2010, 05:25 PM
Hope your DS is feeling better soon!

kristac
05-09-2010, 05:32 PM
:(

Are you sure the eye thing is pink eye? We thought DS had pink eye but it turned out to be allergies. We got Zaditor (sp?) drops and it has helped tremendously. The pollen is insaine here as well. Hope you and your family get some relief soon!

mommylamb
05-09-2010, 06:56 PM
Oh, that just stinks. I hope the day gets better and that your DS starts to feel better. That must be awful because it has been going on so long. Thinking of you.

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
05-09-2010, 08:08 PM
You need a :grouphug: and a :54: Sorry and hope the day/week get better!

TwinFoxes
05-09-2010, 09:20 PM
:hug: I hope DS feels better soon. Happy Mother's Day! :hug:

lmh2402
05-09-2010, 09:22 PM
yuck - poor DS and mama

i'm sorry you guys had such a cruddy day

:hug: i hope everyone feels better soon!

liz
05-09-2010, 09:26 PM
:hug: sorry mama. P & PT for your little guy.

Dream
05-09-2010, 11:09 PM
That must be so hard on you and DS.:hug: Hope he feels better soon.