PDA

View Full Version : S/O: If your DC rolled over early, did he/she hit other milestones early as well?

HIU8
05-10-2010, 12:37 PM
DD rolled over once at the age of 5 months and then never again. She crawled at 11 months and walked at 14 months. She was 95-97% for weight and the ped told us that b/c of this that she may hit milestones on the later side. The one thing DD did early was talking. By 18 months she was talking in 5-8 word sentences. Now, at almost 3 she has an extremely large vocabulary and can talk talk talk talk talk....

Charlie
05-10-2010, 12:42 PM
Yes, in terms of physical milestones, particularly anything gross motor related. He rolled over at 3 months, crawled at 6 months, cruised at 7.5 months, first unassisted steps before 9 months, fully walking at 10 months. Now, talking is another story!

lchang25000
05-10-2010, 01:32 PM
DS rolled over at 5 months, crawled at 7 months, took his first unassisted steps at 9.5 months and starting walking well around 10 months. Talking is another story here too!

lucybabymamma
05-10-2010, 03:59 PM
My first DD seemed to hit most of her milestones fairly early -- rolled at 5 months, crawled at 8 and walked at 10mo. As far as talking, she was pretty fast with that, too. Although, not 5 word sentences at 18 months. I think she was using mostly one word at a time and occasionally putting 2 words or so together. She talks a lot more than a same-age cousin though, who hit her gross motor milestones later.

My second DD has been doing things even faster (much to my dismay) -- rolling over at 2 months, scooting at 4/5mo, she is 7 mo and cruising and pulling up and holding onto tables, etc with one hand.
Oy! Gauging from the other posts, I guess I should prepare for early walking....I am not sure how her talking will be yet....

Do you think the talking has something to do with being a boy or a girl? My DD has two male cousins who progressed really fast with their gross motor but are not as talkative.....

Jo..
05-10-2010, 08:33 PM
DD constantly rolled over at around 2 months of age. We were stunned. She worked and worked until she did it....over and over and over. The pediatrician said it was unheard of to roll over so early.

She was an average crawler and walker, and was slightly speech delayed, although now she is above-average.

And, just in case people didn't believe me about how early she was rolling over, we took a video! (16 seconds long).

http://s49.photobucket.com/albums/f254/joellenh/Video/?action=view&current=Leahrollsover.flv