PDA

View Full Version : Need help - sorry if this is redundant

Momto1
05-10-2010, 01:34 PM
I apologize in advance if this question gets asked over and over again. I've scoured all the threads on this board, searched high and low on the internet, and now I'm more confused than ever!

I'm looking for a new stroller for my 12-month old DD. We have a Chicco Cortina which is comfortable and sturdy, but takes up my whole trunk, so it has been relegated to the garage. I'm currently using a cheapo umbrella from target but it steers awful, has no padding, only three point harness, no canopy, etc etc (actually the only thing it has going for it is that it's so tiny). I lug the Cortina out of the garage if we have all-day stroller days planned, which is rare. I've often arrived somewhere and though "D'oh - forgot the stoller"

So - I want something that can stay in my car all the time that we can use for short trips to the zoo, or walks at the beach, trips to the botanical gardens, etc.

My criteria (in order of importance):
- Compact fold - the smaller the better (weight doesn't really matter)
- Large sun canopy
- Comfortable seat
- Semi-smooth ride (I have an ergo which I can use in case the stroller doesn't cut it, but for pavement I'd like the stroller to feel smooth, not rickety)
- Recline - in case DD wants to nap

My front runners:
- Zooper twist - I was 100% sold on it until I read a review that said it took up just as much room in the trunk as the Cortina - anyone know if that's true?
- Peg Si - I'm interested but not sure if it's worth the money. I can't tell if the $159 one on Albee Baby has the large canopy. Anyone know?
- Uppababy G-Luxe - love the canopy and size, but worried it won't feel padded enough for DD or will feel rickety.

I "test drove" a Mac Quest at BRU yesterday and loved the way it felt to steer, but the canopy is so small.

There's also a Peg Pliko at my local Once Upon a Child for $65 in excellent condition, but I didn't get to fold it to see how small it could get.

Am I asking too much? Is there another stroller I should throw into the mix? I'd prefer to stay under $200 if possible, and ideally would be closer to $160.

Thanks in advance!

Suzanne74
05-10-2010, 01:49 PM
All the Peg Si's have the large canopy. The only thing different from the new ones and the sale ones are the belly bar and the basket is a little sturdier. I have the Si and I really like it.

I think the review about the Zooper Twist about the space was meant for a Zooper Waltz because the Twist does fold well, umbrella style. The only negative I ever hear about the Twist is that it is hard to steer 1 handed. Many 2 hand strollers are like that so it shouldn't be a deal breker but some strollers like the Macs and the Si steer better. The Twist is the cheapest at Costco by the way. The canopy is fantastic and it comes with lots of extras so you get your money's worth.

I am not a fan of the uppa-baby g-luxe but some people here love it. Feels flimsy to me and the seat seems like it would be really uncomfortable.

If you like everything about the Quest, just order a rayshade

http://www.amazon.com/Protect-a-Bub-Compact-Sunshade-Single-Black/dp/B000NV5VDW/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1273513576&sr=8-3

arivecchi
05-10-2010, 02:57 PM
You can also try to find an 06 or 07 Triumph or Quest with the swivel sunshade.

Momto1
05-13-2010, 05:39 PM
Thanks ladies! I ended up going with the Si. Was able to get the 2009 model in a color I wanted for a good price.