PDA

View Full Version : kid's art photobook?

doberbrat
05-10-2010, 02:16 PM
anyone ever do this? Make a photobook from their kid's art work?

I've scanned a bunch of stuff in, converted it to jpeg and added brief comments - date, description of the art etc. anything else to help pull it together?

I'm trying to slap it together tonight since the sale at winkflash ends on Wed. ie, I'm not thinking too fancy for this time....

and does it matter that its not that well organized Right now I have 25 pages worth from fairly recent times I think. I prob have another 12 or so from earlier ages. I think I'm just going to put them all in the same book - maybe try to sort by age if I can. does that sound ok?

jetrlw
05-10-2010, 02:51 PM
That sounds great! I am thinking about doing the same with my DD art work. I don't like keeping a lot of stuff around the house so a photobook is the perfect option. My daughter loves to do arts and crafts and she would love to see her works "published" in a book :-) Good luck with your book!

o_mom
05-10-2010, 03:46 PM
I decided to do an electronic picture frame instead. While I have a huge pile of artwork, there is only so much uniqueness at this age. I mean, they can produce 20 splotchy paintings in one afternoon, but they really are not all that different. For me, it would be more meaningful to make it in a few more years when I can use 2-4 pictures per year of age and really show the progress. DS1 is getting to that point, but I do have everything digitized so I can easily do it when we get to that point. In the meantime, we have the frame in the kitchen and I can add to it easily without any additional cost.

doberbrat
05-11-2010, 12:20 AM
ugh thats a good point. I cant see myself using the digi frame for it though.

sigh. I've been working on this all evening and I need 3 more days to be able to pull it together -too bad the sale ends on Wed :(