PDA

View Full Version : How soon do you return 'here' after having your DC?

ourbabygirl
05-10-2010, 03:37 PM
Just trying to prepare myself for life again with a newborn... life was such a blur with DD for at least the first 3 months; I don't know if that's how it will be with each kid or if it's more because I was a first-time mom. Anyhow, I didn't find this board until later, and I'm honestly going to miss being able to hop on here with as much ease as I have now (during DD's nap and after she goes to bed).
I'm amazed (and glad!) that many of you have hopped back on pretty quickly after having your babies to share the wonderful news with us... so, for those of you who've had one or more kids since joining the board, how soon afterwards were you back here 'in full swing?' :)

TFS!

JBaxter
05-10-2010, 03:40 PM
LOL you see alot of NAK.... Nursing at Keyboard. Laptops are wonderful.

elliput
05-10-2010, 03:40 PM
Maybe 12 hrs after discharge from the hospital. I'm pathetic.

ourbabygirl
05-10-2010, 03:45 PM
^^
OMG, that will totally be me! Except I'll probably ask DH to bring my laptop to the hospital, assuming they have Wi-fi. :ROTFLMAO:

lilycat88
05-10-2010, 03:48 PM
There's WIFI at the hospital.
*sigh*

daisymommy
05-10-2010, 03:48 PM
I was back on the boards here after about 3-4 days. Not all the time, just to give my announcement and to ask questions whenever was needed (breastfeeding, diapers, etc.)

As far as back in the swing of things , LOL, now that's a whole different story :) And I agree with the NAK statement. It's difficult to get out with a newborn and other kids, so many times I'm here with a nursing babe in one arm, surfing the boards with the other; that's one way for me to feel connected with friends right here in teh comfort of my own home...pajamas and slippers and all ;)

elliput
05-10-2010, 03:49 PM
^^
OMG, that will totally be me! Except I'll probably ask DH to bring my laptop to the hospital, assuming they have Wi-fi. :ROTFLMAO:

I did take the laptop to the birth center with me, but did not have wi-fi access. :bag All bets would have been off if I had an iPhone, though.

elektra
05-10-2010, 03:51 PM
I just checked and it looks like I was back 4 days after DS was born. I was doing Facebook updates via my iPhone as I was in labor and right after DS was born though!

KrisM
05-10-2010, 03:52 PM
I think I posted here about 4 hours after DS2 was born :). Hospital has wifi and I was bored since DH was home with the other kids.

Andi98989
05-10-2010, 04:26 PM
I was at least reading the board while I was in the hospital; back posting within a week and definitely while I was up pumping during the night.

AnnieW625
05-10-2010, 05:54 PM
I posted DD2s arrival here last Tuesday night so DD2 was 5 days old, (I think sometimes the day tracker on the posts is actually off so it could've been Wednesday). I did update FB using DH's work phone about 2 hrs. after I delivered.

essnce629
05-10-2010, 06:01 PM
I few hours! I was updating my FB status when I was 10cm, but had my mom post the birth details a few hours after the birth. Both my births were at home though so no need to take a break from posting!

arivecchi
05-10-2010, 06:07 PM
It took me about 3 weeks. I never announced DS2's arrival here. :bag

LarsMal
05-10-2010, 06:22 PM
Within a day or two of discharge. With M I was pretty much back in normal BBB mode right away, but not as much with C.

egoldber
05-10-2010, 07:04 PM
There's WIFI at the hospital.

:yeahthat:

WatchingThemGrow
05-10-2010, 09:30 PM
The better part of a week :47: to announce. Then posted a few questions about survival with 3 DC under 37mos, finding help, etc. Now I'm just stuck at home and being here gives me more interesting stuff to learn/think about when my kids are occupied, sleeping, etc.

MoJo
05-11-2010, 07:13 AM
No real BTDT. . . but if we still had a laptop, I know there's wi fi at the hospital. I'm considering asking my mom to bring hers!

Since we don't have the laptop AND since my DH is home all summer, you probably won't hear from me much this summer, because he will be on the computer all the time.

I'll miss you!