PDA

View Full Version : I signed up for my local CSA yesterday!

essnce629
05-11-2010, 12:01 PM
I'm so excited and can't wait to get my first box next week! Thanks everyone for providing me with the links to find one in my area and finally pushing me to take the last step and actually sign up! I've started going to the Farmer's Market each week too and DS1 has had so much fun tasting all the samples of the fruit and we've decided to make it a weekly event. It's during the week in the late afternoon so I can pick up DS1 from school and we can head right over. I started buying pastured eggs there too and it's so nice to talk to the couple that sell them and talk to them about how the chickens like to run around in the yard eating bugs, etc. I'm still looking into signing up for a meat CSA as well.

Oh, and I got rid of the last of all my canned goods last night, only keeping the stuff in BPA-free cans (beans and tuna from TJs). My package from Vitacost arrived yesterday with my case of a dozen diced tomatoes in Tetrapaks and a case of a dozen tomato pastes in glass jars.

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
05-11-2010, 12:57 PM
Good for you! we do a produce co-op, like a CSA, but better for those of us with commitment issues! ;)

daisymommy
05-11-2010, 01:01 PM
I'm so happy (and envious ;)) for you! I would have never thought to look on Vitacost for the tomatoes!

kep
05-11-2010, 01:55 PM
Wow! It sounds like you have your bases covered! Nice job, mama.

Do all cans have BPA? Cr@p. :)

essnce629
05-11-2010, 02:40 PM
All cans but a select few. We discussed it on another thread recently:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=357449&highlight=bpa+cans