PDA

View Full Version : Our vacation at the WDW Contemporary (long)

BabyMine
05-11-2010, 02:29 PM
We went back to Epcot and came back to the room about 3 hours later. The room was still as hot as we had left. We were starving so we figured we would worry about it later. We went to Chef Mickey and had a great time. We came back to the room and started to take showers. I was washing TT when I noticed that the shower wasn't draining properly. I told DH and he called maintenance. He told them that our room was about 75 degrees and the shower wasn't draining right. They said they would send someone up. A couple hours later no one showed up but we were all too tired and we had to wake up at 7am the next morning.

Nobody slept that night except DH. The kids and I were restless because it was so hot. We left in the morning because we wanted to do the Magical hour at the Magical Kingdom. We also had a reservation at Hollywood and Vine. I ordered a birthday cake at Hollywood and Vine for M and I was so excited. We ate and met Jo Jo, June, Leo, and Sampson. We ate and finished up. After we left DH asked me what happened to the cake? The waiter told us when we sat down that he would bring the cake but he never did and I forgot to ask.

We got back to the room about 1pm and it was still hot. I called down to maintenance again and they apologized and said someone would be there soon and that they were having a lot of complaints about the rooms being hot. We decided to go down to the pool and cool off. We came back to the room a couple of hours later and guess what............. It was STILL hot. I was livid.

I went down to the concierge and talked to Sonia. She apologized after I explained all that we had been through. I also told her that housekeeping had skipped our room. She called housekeeping and maintenance and told me to come back down in 45 minutes if everything wasn’t fixed. I went back to the room and maintenance finally showed up. They took panels down and started working. An hour later the guy tells us that his shift is over and that 2nd shift would be up soon and he doesn't know how long it would take to fix.

So back down I went and talked to Sonia. I told her why this visit was so important to us. ( M's medical history) She almost started to cry. She moved us into a new room and apologized profusely. She asked me if we could wait a little bit so she could put a surprise in our room for M. I went back up to our room and we all started packing up. TT, M, and I finally went to our new room. On the bed was balloons, an autographed picture from Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald, and Pluto. There was also a Mickey doll and a Disney 2010 basketball. M was so excited and he wrote her a thank you card. We went down and gave it to her. I gave her a big hug and said thank you.

We finally got situated into our new room and by then it was 7pm. We did a couple more hours at Epcot and then came back to the nice cold room and fell asleep. We woke up May 7th and started to get ready to check out. I got the bill and went down to talk to a manager about compensation. I talked to Gannon and told him everything. He was extremely nice and credited me all of our food ( more that the price of 1 day stay at the hotel) and gave me a bounce back offer.

Even though it didn't go as well as I would have expected it to go for a Disney resort I do want to thank Sonia and Gannon for their exceptional service. I am also writing a letter to Disney and some other places letting them know what happened and how Sonia and Gannon helped us out.

The next time we are staying at BLT.

clc053103
05-11-2010, 03:24 PM
I am glad they were able to rectify the situation for you!

We are BLT DVC owners- last year when we were cash guests at BLT we had a MAJOR problem in our 2 BR villa- the carpet was soaked in a bedroom and after 3 days they couldn't get the water to dry up, it was coming from somewhere. We had a very terrible time dealing with the front desk- unfortunately, BLT shares Contemporary's front desk. Eventually and with much effort, our room was moved after 3 days, and they offered us $100 to cover our dinner at Cali Grill (that was a bit of a joke- a family of 6 can not eat for $100 at cali grill!) AT the time, many people were complaining about the front desk service at Contemporary, they had just gotten a new manager to try to correct it.

It sounds like Contemporary front desk has finally gotten its act togeter!