PDA

View Full Version : Whitening toothpaste for sensitive teeth?

slworld
05-11-2010, 05:57 PM
I started having some tooth sensitivity to cold and the dentist suggested not to use any whitening toothpastes. But since I switched toothpaste I see a visible change in my teeth color. Does anyone have suggestions for any mild whitening toothpaste that won't aggrevate the sensitivity?

Thanks

Kymberley
05-11-2010, 09:22 PM
Crest Pro-Health. It has 2 kinds of fluoride to help with sensitivity, plus whitening agents. HTH!

Momof3Labs
05-11-2010, 10:17 PM
Crest Pro-Health made my sensitive teeth much more sensitive, so I don't recommend it. As I understand, you can use MI Paste and then whiten your teeth but it's not the same as using a daily whitening toothpaste.

Or perhaps eliminate the food/drink causing the discoloration?

bubbaray
05-11-2010, 10:18 PM
Crest Pro-Health made my sensitive teeth much more sensitive, so I don't recommend it.

:yeahthat:

I use Aquafresh sensitive. And periodically use Crest whitestrips (recommended by my dentist).

elipar
05-11-2010, 10:43 PM
Many whitening toothpastes are abrasive, so they'll increase sensitivity. It would be best to try to get the sensitivity under control first before whitening. Look for toothpastes that have ingredients which reduce sensitivity. You'll have to use them for a few months. You can also supplement with fluoride. After that, use whitening kits for a short period of time. It'll make your teeth sensitive again, but it's usually transient.