PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of buying a BJCED...resale?

dukie41181
05-11-2010, 10:01 PM
I am thinking of picking up a BJCED from Albee Baby with the current sale. I am not sure we're 100% so I'm trying to factor in resale value in case we get it and for whatever reason don't like it. What do you think we could resell it for BRAND NEW on CL?

tiff6
05-12-2010, 07:52 AM
I was thinking of buying that stroller on Albee Baby too! Wondering the same thing, if for some reason I get it and don't like it, how much could I re-sell it for. Wish Diapers.com had an 09' with the free returns. I think Albee Baby charges a re-stocking fee plus you have to pay for the return shipping. I can't find a store locally to check the stroller out. hoping someone has an answer! :-)

lowrioh
05-12-2010, 09:18 AM
I think that I'm going to try to do a price match with Moosejaw for a BJCED. They have 10-12% Bing CB and they give you 5% Moosejaw rewards plus bonus rewards for their low price guarantee. They're return policy states that you can return at anytime as long as the item is sellable condition. I don't have personal experience with their website but it seems they have very favorable reviews. It isn't clear if the bing CB will work with the price match but I figure with the Rewards points it may be worth while.
I'll post if I decide to take the plunge.

WatchingThemGrow
05-12-2010, 09:24 AM
I wouldn't buy a BJCED for resale because they're not as widely known in the outside world as much as BOBs are. Plus, an informed buyer would want to buy the stroller new so they would have the full warranty from BJ.

What are you unsure about with it? Get a color you really like b/c you will likely want to keep it a long time :) We really like our black on - going on 2.5 years now of almost constant use.

dukie41181
05-12-2010, 11:00 AM
I wouldn't buy a BJCED for resale because they're not as widely known in the outside world as much as BOBs are. Plus, an informed buyer would want to buy the stroller new so they would have the full warranty from BJ.

What are you unsure about with it? Get a color you really like b/c you will likely want to keep it a long time :) We really like our black on - going on 2.5 years now of almost constant use.

I'm not talking about buying it specifically for purposes of resale but am wondering if I decided tbuy and didn't like it would I be able to sell locally for around what I paid so I wouldn't have to worry about thye restocking fee and shipping back.

dukie41181
05-12-2010, 11:05 AM

I am unsure about the weight and whether when folded if it will fit easily in my vehicle. Right now we have a Mutsy 4Rider Light and I don't think that's bad to lift (and I know others have complained about the weight) so i'd be thinking in comparison to that in terms of weight. As far as a double goes, the BJCED would be our only. I also have a Techno XT that we'd still use...one babe in the stroller and the other in a carrier.

MacMacMoo
05-12-2010, 01:44 PM
if your worried about not liking then I'd go with diapers.com they'll pay to have it shipped back and don't have a stocking fee. They'll even credit your credit card back instead of just giving store credit. At least that's how it worked with us... we had an interesting circumstance.

Diapers will also price match.

dukie41181
05-12-2010, 02:31 PM
if your worried about not liking then I'd go with diapers.com they'll pay to have it shipped back and don't have a stocking fee. They'll even credit your credit card back instead of just giving store credit. At least that's how it worked with us... we had an interesting circumstance.

Diapers will also price match.

I would definately do that but diapers.com doesn't. Have the 09 BJCED anymore, only the 10s. :(

georgiegirl
05-12-2010, 02:37 PM
I just bought the BJCED in stone from Albee baby. I plan on using it mainly in my neighborhood and for the occasional zoo trip or amusment park. So I probably wont have to lug it in and out of the car too much. My DD is 4, so that really limited the selection of all-terrain doubles (since I don't want her too squished.)

dukie41181
05-12-2010, 02:42 PM
I just bought the BJCED in stone from Albee baby. I plan on using it mainly in my neighborhood and for the occasional zoo trip or amusment park. So I probably wont have to lug it in and out of the car too much. My DD is 4, so that really limited the selection of all-terrain doubles (since I don't want her too squished.)

Wa tyere tax when you bought from Albee Baby?

georgiegirl
05-12-2010, 05:57 PM
No tax. The total cost was $429. I would have liked to wait for a deeper discount, but I was afraid that they would sell out since it is already a great deal.

MacMacMoo
05-12-2010, 07:04 PM
did you actually talk to diapers or just assume. I think I recall someone saying that diapers did honor the 2009 albee price and sent them a 2010.

dukie41181
05-12-2010, 08:38 PM
did you actually talk to diapers or just assume. I think I recall someone saying that diapers did honor the 2009 albee price and sent them a 2010.

That would be awesome! Maybe I'll give it a try...I have just dealt with them before regarding price matches and they've always looked at the model year in saying yes or no.