PDA

View Full Version : How to stretch out the heel a shoe?

jess_g
05-11-2010, 10:02 PM
My ds likes his new soccer shoes but he says that the back (where the heel is) is too tight. Is there anyway to stretch them out so they are not so tight? And does this mean that he has wide feet? I noticed that his regular shoes are a bit wider in the heel area than the soccer shoes are and they are not a wide size. We tried 2 pairs of soccer shoes on and he thought they were both tight in the heel.

Thanks,

Jessica

kijip
05-11-2010, 11:38 PM
A cobbler can stretch them. They have a little thingy on their counter for this very purpose. I am sorry to say that little thingy is the most technical term I know for this device. I have unusually shaped heels with a bone protruding from my heel so I have used this service A LOT. Works well.

Meatball Mommie
05-12-2010, 06:50 AM
I have noticed for some reason that soccer cleats are unusually narrow! It drives me nuts! If you look at baseball cleats for comparison, there is a noticeable difference. My boys have to go a full size up in their soccer cleats because of this. I never thought of going to a cobbler, but that's an excellent idea.