PDA

View Full Version : Another diapers.com success story!

happymom
05-11-2010, 11:19 PM
So I posted recently about my Fisher Price high chair issues, and how FP offered me a full refund if I send back the seat of the chair. Yay!

So I decided to get the Boon Flair as a replacement for the FP. Its retail price is $229, although several stores sell it for $199. I played the diapers.com "game" and got it for $127!!! :applause:

Here's the breakdown-

1) Diapers.com was selling it for $229. I found it another website for $160 shipped (happybabystore.com- they had the highchair on sale for $175 and a 10% off sale, plus free shipping). Diapers.com price matched it and $70 was placed in my account........:jammin:
2) 10% off for first time purchase.....brings down the price to $144
3) 10% cash back with bing.....brings it down to $127

Oh, and I got a pack of diapers for 66 cents!

Its arriving tomorrow and I'm so excited!

I :heartbeat: Diapers.com

YouAreTheFocus
05-21-2010, 07:48 PM
Awesome deal! I got the Boon Flair about a month ago, and I totally love it. I got it for $150, so you win ;) How are you liking it?

happymom
05-22-2010, 11:12 PM
Actually, we are not too happy with it. :( The tray is just too low and too small. DD has a difficult time eating in it and makes a huge mess every time! Tons of food ends up on her lap and on the floor every time she eats. DH also feels that DD is not comfortable in it- she doesnt relax in it like she did in her old chair. He also thinks she has figured out how to open the buckle, although were not sure about that yet. Its a shame, because I love the way it glides and cleans so easily. Plus its so pretty to look at! How old is your DC? And btw, $150 is a great deal too!

YouAreTheFocus
05-25-2010, 02:02 PM
Oh dear, I'm sorry that you're having such a bad experience with the boon! My DS is only 8 months, so we don't have to really worry about how the tray works yet, him making a mess, etc. He just sits there while we shovel it in :) But he seems happy in it, eats well, and I also love how we can easily glide it around to wherever we need him to be. And a big plus for me is that we can lower it and slide it under the table--it is so much less obtrusive than the typical highchair. But I do wonder how the tray will be when he gets a bit older and is eating on his own.