PDA

View Full Version : Drool.....Valco Trimode in Candy Apple

arivecchi
05-13-2010, 05:36 PM
Gorgeous!

http://base0.googlehosted.com/base_media?q=http://www.diapers.com/Images/Products/VL-067_315x265.jpg&size=20&dhm=cbfc03d0&hl=en

http://www.letsgostrolling.com/2010-valco-trimode-ex-single-stroller.html

http://www.diapers.com/Product/ProductDetail.aspx?productid=25439&site=CI&cm_mmc=cse-_-googlebase-_-strollers-_-VL-067&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=VL-067

wellyes
05-13-2010, 05:45 PM
Nice! Looks like a BJCE but with a mondo basket.

When I saw it I thought "please be inexpensive please be inexpensive" but alas that was asking too much!

arivecchi
05-13-2010, 05:55 PM
I have an 06 version and the basket is HUMONGOUS! I have not seen bigger baskets. They are very well made strollers too. I call it the tank. I think if a car hit my Valco, the car would be the one damaged. :rotflmao:

arivecchi
05-13-2010, 06:02 PM
Wellyes, in case you are looking for a double.... :ROTFLMAO:

http://base1.googlehosted.com/base_media?q=http://www.diapers.com/Images/Products/VL-070_315x265.jpg&size=20&dhm=b07ab1c4&hl=en

happymom
05-13-2010, 07:06 PM
Wow! That is gorgeous...and expensive! Although if you go the diapers.com route, you should be able to get it for less than $400....

WatchingThemGrow
05-13-2010, 08:18 PM
Gonna get one, lol? ;)

arivecchi
05-13-2010, 08:55 PM
I think I am done with strollers. :wink2:

WatchingThemGrow
05-13-2010, 08:59 PM
I think I am done with strollers. :wink2:
oops - just wanted to quote you on that, lol

carolinamama
05-13-2010, 09:07 PM
Really wish I hadn't opened this one! I am drooling over that stroller and I just bought a BJCC today in red. No business even thinking about other strollers but I LOVE a red stroller! I need to be done with strollers so DH doesn't disown me. ;)

arivecchi
05-13-2010, 09:09 PM
I think we need to start a stroller addiction rehab group. :hysterical:

swissair81
05-13-2010, 09:35 PM
I think I need to be an officer in that group. I am terrible.

dukie41181
05-15-2010, 08:18 AM
Oh geez ladies! I am seriously thinking about grabbing this stroller with the 30% of sale going on this weekend! I just ordered the BJCED but wonder if for a similar price I should order this to at least consider and compare to the BJCED. I really like the larger basket on the valco and have heard great things about them...and this candy apple red is awesome! I also like that it has bumper bars...important to us and we'd have to get an accessory through baby jogger to get that of course.

Suzanne74
05-15-2010, 08:49 AM
I love red too. My Flyer is in red and I love it.

This reminds me of a Zooper Boogie. Very nice!

Suzanne74
05-15-2010, 08:52 AM
Oh geez ladies! I am seriously thinking about grabbing this stroller with the 30% of sale going on this weekend! I just ordered the BJCED but wonder if for a similar price I should order this to at least consider and compare to the BJCED. I really like the larger basket on the valco and have heard great things about them...and this candy apple red is awesome! I also like that it has bumper bars...important to us and we'd have to get an accessory through baby jogger to get that of course.

Hold up - what 30% off sale? MORE DETAILS!!!

dukie41181
05-15-2010, 09:23 AM
Hold up - what 30% off sale? MORE DETAILS!!!

30% off at diapers.com with code stroller48. Its a 48 hr sale! That's a cool $210 off this stroller! You can also go through bing.com for an additional 10% cashback. And I was able to stack with $10 off diapers when I added swim diapers that we'll need for the summer anyways. I don't know if you can also stack the 10% new customer code too.

georgiegirl
05-15-2010, 09:32 AM
I just ordered the BJCED in stone from albee baby and now I want the valco twin trimode. I just listed the BJCED on craigslist to see if anyone would want it (since I would have to have $$$ to send it back to albee baby.) But I guess since diapers.com has free returns I can just order it too and see if the other one sells. Ugh.

arivecchi
05-15-2010, 09:34 AM
Holy smokes! Try the Valco Trimode! I would have gotten the Twin if I had the $$$ when I was looking for a double. For this color, I might have paid full price. 30% off!!!! :boogie: Wow. The only thing is the BJCED definitely has the better fold.

arivecchi
05-15-2010, 09:39 AM
With the discount, the single ends up being $350 and the twin is $489! :cheerleader1:

dukie41181
05-15-2010, 09:58 AM
We are definately ordering! I'm gonna see if a friend or my parents will make an account and order paying wiith our credit card so we can get the new customer discount too. For no risk we have to give it a shot! I'd kick myself later I'm sure if we didn't. Anyone know the weight and longevity of the trimode v BJCED? Georgiegirl, I say order now, return for free if you don't like it or can't sell the BJCED! We just ordered the BJCED too but did the price match from moosejaw.com because we have a local store where we can return for free.

arivecchi
05-15-2010, 10:04 AM
DS1 (41 inches tall) has more room before he hits the canopy in our single Valco than he does in our BJCCD. I die for that candy apple color. I die.

arivecchi
05-15-2010, 10:08 AM
Valcos include:

-Rain Cover
-Head Hugger
-Front Bumper Bar
-Tire Pump
-Adjustable Handle

dukie41181
05-15-2010, 10:18 AM
Valcos include:

-Rain Cover
-Head Hugger
-Front Bumper Bar
-Tire Pump
-Adjustable Handle

I assume the head hugger is for little babes? Also, I know you'd mentioned before in BJCED threads that your children have been able to use that stroller for a long long time. If I'm hearing you correctly, the same would be true for the Valco? Do you know off hand the difference i n stroller weight?

arivecchi
05-15-2010, 10:49 AM
Right, I would say both have about the same longevity. I cannot measure now. I will try to take pics of DS1 in both later today if he cooperates.

dukie41181
05-15-2010, 02:54 PM
I just placed my order! I hope we like it...now the hard choice...BJCED or Valco Trimode?!

arivecchi
05-15-2010, 03:18 PM
I just got back from an outing with a friend who has the Twin Trimode. Side by side comparison of my BJCCD and her Valco Twin Trimode. Headroom is pretty much the same. Her canopies look bigger because they were extended and her seats were all the way down (her twins were snoozing in there :)). I pushed hers and they both push as easily.

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_jTwukNHSd64/S-7zNhPjfpI/AAAAAAAAAxQ/LLKdGqInW0U/IMG_2348B.jpg

jacksmoma
05-15-2010, 03:57 PM
great pic!! they are both nice looking doubles....now we need a pic of a bjccd or bjced and a bjcmd!!

strollerqueen
05-15-2010, 04:36 PM
Nice! Looks like a BJCE but with a mondo basket.

When I saw it I thought "please be inexpensive please be inexpensive" but alas that was asking too much!

The Matrix is similar, but cheaper.

Suzanne74
05-15-2010, 09:35 PM
I just got back from an outing with a friend who has the Twin Trimode. Side by side comparison of my BJCCD and her Valco Twin Trimode. Headroom is pretty much the same. Her canopies look bigger because they were extended and her seats were all the way down (her twins were snoozing in there :)). I pushed hers and they both push as easily.

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_jTwukNHSd64/S-7zNhPjfpI/AAAAAAAAAxQ/LLKdGqInW0U/IMG_2348B.jpg

Is she a stroller addict like you??:p

The footmuffs sorta throw off the comparison a little bit but the BJCCD actually looks more compact.

I came very close to ordering this delicious stroller (single) but I held back. So proud of myself. :bighand: I was going to compare it with my BJCE and decide which one to keep. But I realized what I liked about the Trimode wouldn't really make me love it more. The color is great but doesn't make it better. The basket is bigger and more accesible but when I use the BJCE, I use the parent console and backseat compartment for everything and rarely use the basket. I also love those saddlebags but I can purchase them on amazon for my BJCE if I really need them.

I truly like the BJCE and the fold makes me throw it in the car more frequently then if I had to do a multiple step fold. And there is no better canopy that i have yet to see. Those are bigger factors for me. Plus, my husband would be livid if I sold the BJCE. He loves it. So instead I just ordered the Baby Jogger mosquito net (on sale at Amazon) and the belly bar. Hopefully this will keep me from checking out more strollers. Hopefully

I was at Buy Buy Baby yesterday and played with the Summit, Bob Revo and Indie again (why? because I have issues!!!) and I was so happy that I still love my BJCE more. The Indie is a close 2nd though because I :love5: Bumbleride. I just think my 90% percentile 8mo old would only last 2 years max in that stroller.

I think the Trimode could bump the Indie but I am pretty sure it wouldn't bump the BJCE out of 1st place. For now.... :rotflmao:

arivecchi
05-15-2010, 10:07 PM
I think they BJCCD and the Twin Trimode are both 29 inches wide. The BJCCD might just be a bit more narrow in the front. The BJCCD is definitely lighter to pick up, easier to fold and has bigger canopies. Her Valco is an old version though and new Valcos are the EX versions, so the canopies are supposed to reach the bumper bar. If you need to load a stroller in and out of a car, a Baby Jogger is definitely preferable. If that is not a big issue, the Valco Trimode is a better stroller. I wish I had found such a great deal on one when I was looking! Still, the BJCC and the BJCE are also great strollers. You cannot go wrong either way!

dukie41181
05-15-2010, 10:10 PM
I'm excited to get them both and play around a bit! We'll sure be having fun this coming week/weekend pushing them around the house!

arivecchi
05-16-2010, 04:09 PM
I'm excited to get them both and play around a bit! We'll sure be having fun this coming week/weekend pushing them around the house! Can't wait for your review and pics! ;)

Suzanne74
05-18-2010, 11:09 AM
Another deal breaker for me was that the Trimode only hold up to 45lbs and the BJCE goes to 75lbs. Since I have an 8 year old who won't slow down for a toddler/preschooler in the coming years, I know I will be using the BJCE for a long time and like that added weight.

But I sure do love those saddlebags on the basket. :love5:

FieryOne1231
05-18-2010, 01:51 PM
Wow....beautiful stroller indeed! Love the red basket too instead of the standard black. I want...I want...*sigh*...If I hit the lotto, then definitely!:praying:

dukie41181
05-19-2010, 12:57 PM
Mine should be delivered today! I just hope I'm home when it comes! Quick questions for all you stroller experts...do the seat backs on the Valco sit more upright than they do on the BJCED? I had my daughter in the BJCED again this morning and she was sitting herself fully upright and thus away from the seatback...I am wondering if that is part of what was upsetting her so much the first few times I put het in it.

dukie41181
05-19-2010, 11:48 PM
The Valco arrived today...I was so excited to see it when I got home from work! :yay:

Here are our thoughts so far on both the BJCED and the Valco Trimode...TOUGH DECISON!!!

BJCED
Pros:
Fold
Giant hoods
Magnetic hood windows
Parent Console
Raised kickers
Bought from Moosejaw (a local/MI company)

Cons:
Bumper bar is an accessory
Cannot attach a hitchiker
Locking mechanism is tight and thus difficult with sandals
Feels more enclosed and daughter fussed about it (deep seat maybe?)
Don't really like the car seat adaptor (which we would need to use for a few months)
Heavier than Valco

Valco Trimode
Pros:
More "plush"/less utilitarian look
Easy locking mechanism
Bumber bars included
Raincover included
Can attach hitchiker
Snuzzlers
Air pump included
Lighter than BJCED

Cons:
No raised footrest
No parent console
Fold isn't as easy as BJCED (although not completely challenging)
Fewer hood windows
No magnetic windows

Obviously, we need to determine what features are more important to us. We sure wish we could have a stroller that is a combination fo the two! I plan to put my daughter in the Valco tomorrow and see how she does and we'll be getting the opinions of everyone who walks into our house over the next week or so! ;)

arivecchi
05-21-2010, 07:23 PM
Update please! :popc1:

Did you get the candy apple Valco?

arivecchi
05-25-2010, 04:14 PM
The Valco arrived today...I was so excited to see it when I got home from work! :yay:

Here are our thoughts so far on both the BJCED and the Valco Trimode...TOUGH DECISON!!!

BJCED
Pros:
Fold
Giant hoods
Magnetic hood windows
Parent Console
Raised kickers
Bought from Moosejaw (a local/MI company)

Cons:
Bumper bar is an accessory
Cannot attach a hitchiker
Locking mechanism is tight and thus difficult with sandals
Feels more enclosed and daughter fussed about it (deep seat maybe?)
Don't really like the car seat adaptor (which we would need to use for a few months)
Heavier than Valco

Valco Trimode
Pros:
More "plush"/less utilitarian look
Easy locking mechanism
Bumber bars included
Raincover included
Can attach hitchiker
Snuzzlers
Air pump included
Lighter than BJCED

Cons:
No raised footrest
No parent console
Fold isn't as easy as BJCED (although not completely challenging)
Fewer hood windows
No magnetic windows

Obviously, we need to determine what features are more important to us. We sure wish we could have a stroller that is a combination fo the two! I plan to put my daughter in the Valco tomorrow and see how she does and we'll be getting the opinions of everyone who walks into our house over the next week or so! ;) Which one did you keep?