PDA

View Full Version : Should I even ask DH?

MacMacMoo
05-13-2010, 07:25 PM
DH will kill me if I even mention the word stroller. But but but... sigh.

We started the year off with buying a BJCMD. Had to return it since our growing family ended up not growing. So we bought BJCM with the theory that DS would get the glider board whenever he gets a sibling.

I love stroller but well since we've got it I've been doing a lot of outdoor walking and I'm not thrilled.

I found a City Classic on CL asking for $250 new in box.

which then open up the doors to possible getting the toddler seat one day... however i think i hear someone say its being discontinued.

So should I try to convince DH that we need the city classic and to look into getting the toddler seat. Knowing him he'd tell me I'd have to sell the mini for what we paid $205.

Or should I be good and stick with the mini and hope that the glider board will be enough for DS? He'll be three by the time we have another little one. Then again DH prefers a sbs... perhaps if i'm good I can whine for the BJCMD next year... sigh. ahhh its so hard being good.

wellyes
05-13-2010, 07:36 PM
LOL I am in the EXACT same place. I have stroller lust. And I also have a paypal account with $$ in it that a few hundred bucks wouldn't impact our cash flow. But DH wouldn't be happy. *sigh*

I would give the CL listing a few days and if it stays around offer to buy but for less $. If it's meant to be, they'll take you up on it. If it's not, there will be other strollers and other deals. FWIW if you don't love the mini I'd probably try a different brand altogether next.

purpelina
05-13-2010, 07:48 PM
well, you are of course the one using stroller(s) more often than dh, so your word counts as 3, and dh's as 1/2... (that's what I tell myself :))

city classic is a wonderful stroller for outdoors. Of all other AT strollers (that I usually don't like as "class" so to speak) this is the one I like, and dh actually LOVES our bj. He says it's the best stroller ever. Yours might say the same, who knows?

They are being discontinued, but I guess just to simplify things, city classic and city elite were always quite similar. If the stroller you are buying is 2008 or 2009 all accessories will fit, so the jump seat should fit (the strolelr is supposed to have a universal braket system)

On a side note though: 250 for a CL find is a bit high. You can easily find these strollers for 250 from online retailers. (or you could, not long ago)And in that case, you can often return the stroller within a reasonable period of time. (depends on the site and vendor). I saw one on ebay not too long ago, for 215 plus shipping, or so... Might come down to same 250, lol

Anyway, if it's a stroller you like - I'd say go for it. The way you describe your use of strollers, I can see lots of use you can get out of it.

carolinamama
05-13-2010, 09:04 PM
I just paid $225 for a new in box 2009 BJCC today from CL. Funny - the seller was selling because she really wanted the BJCM (and bought it). I was happy with the deal, especially since the color was my first choice and it was close to pick up. We've been playing with it and so far I think I'm really going to like it for what I want.

WatchingThemGrow
05-13-2010, 09:04 PM
don't get a 2008 city classic or elite as they don't have suspension in the front in the single strollers. Doubles do, but not the single. the 2009 should be a better ride and push.

MacMacMoo
05-13-2010, 11:47 PM
grrs. It ended up being a 2008 model.

I have stroller envy so bad. I want a classic or an elite, however I can't justify paying more than $250 for a single stroller.