PDA

View Full Version : Sell the Vista, Buy the Bee+?

LoveBeingMrs
05-14-2010, 08:31 AM
I've been trying to convince my DH that we need more than one stroller- he really doesn't get it! We have the Vista, but I really think we're going to need a more lightweight and narrow stroller. He says if I really want the Bee+, we should sell the Vista because we don't really need an all-terrain stroller- he might be right about this; we mostly use our stroller indoors (we live in the suburbs), and I don't like going outside when it's snowing/raining. But I love our Vista!!

Do you think most people (outside of this forum) have more than one stroller? Help me convince my hubby that we need both!

mrsjde
05-14-2010, 08:43 AM
Could you keep your Vista if you went for something like a Mac? I think most people do have a second stroller (an umbrella of some sort).

Personally, I would hold off-- and I LOVE my Bee. That's just MHO though.

alirebco
05-14-2010, 08:56 AM
So you've never going to take walks outside? I think the Vista is better for a young baby over the Bee and you can still use it at the mall. I would get a Mac Quest in addition. We have both the Vista and Quest and am really happy with both.

Jelly Bean
05-14-2010, 08:58 AM
I'm in the same boat! Have the 2010 Vista and LOVE it. Have a Maclaren Quest and LOVE it. But have Sore Loser Jealousy over the Bee+.

Jelly Bean
05-14-2010, 09:02 AM
And oh yes, all my friends, even those to consider themselves low maintenance, have more than 1 stroller. Mostly everyone has something all-terrain and then something lightweight for indoors and travel. And everyone with 2+ kids has like 4 strollers.

LoveBeingMrs
05-14-2010, 09:34 AM
I'm going to have to show my hubby this thread! =)

We take walks outside almost everyday, but mostly on paved sidewalks- definitely not on rough terrain. I tried to convince him that the Vista would be used outdoors, while the Bee+ would be used indoors... but then we saw a bunch of Bees outside (there goes that argument)!

I love that the seat on the Vista is higher- it's definitely a lot higher than on the Bee. I love that the Bee is lighter and narrower than the Vista (+7lbs, +7in). Do people travel on planes with their Bees? Why else would we 'need' both?

I've also considered the Mac Techno and BJCM, but I really like being able to see my DS, so the reversible seat is a must right now. Although I'm pretty sure if we got the Mac or BJCM, we'd keep the Vista.

LoveBeingMrs
05-14-2010, 09:52 AM
I'm in the same boat! Have the 2010 Vista and LOVE it. Have a Maclaren Quest and LOVE it. But have Sore Loser Jealousy over the Bee+.

I just wish the Bee+ didn't cost so much- the 2010 Vista and the Bee+ pretty much cost the same! I can't help thinking that the Bee would be more convenient for our lifestyle, but I love our 2010 Vista!

coolae
05-14-2010, 10:03 AM
hmmmm...i have a vista and a mac quest, and i like that combo. you can get a new mac for relatively cheaply online (less than $150?) which is probably less than what you would lose by selling the vista and then buying a new bee.
i actually like having two strollers b/c the mac stays in the car and the vista (usually) at home for walks. have you tried macs/BJCM/etc in a store? good luck w/ the decision!

LoveBeingMrs
05-14-2010, 10:17 AM
The Mac Techno, BJCM, and Bee+ pretty much all weigh the same. The Bee, however, has a reversible seat, a bigger basket than the Mac (and non-tippy), and is narrower than the BJCM (24" vs. 18"). If only the Bee was easier to travel with..

arivecchi
05-14-2010, 10:33 AM
You don't need a Bee. Get a Maclaren Triumph or Quest. Our Triumph is DH's fave stroller. He likes that it is uber practical: lightweight, folds small, fits everywhere we go and :jammin: for travel and the car. He will love it and you can get a good deal on one easily.

Jelly Bean
05-14-2010, 10:59 AM
I would give the Vista a shot over the summer and then decide....it's so great for outdoor activities! While I know it feels like the Bee+ could be a do it all, I love the huge basket on the Vista, that DD is higher up (like you said) and I *think* (can someone verify) that the 2010 can hold taller/bigger kiddos (I know for a fact it can hold 50 lbs vs. the Bee at 37 lbs. I'd love it if someone actually measured the seat back for us...

I love the Bee - think it looks so HOT! DH hated it. He's 6'4" so he could barely see DD because she was so low to the ground. He would kill me if I sold the Vista. And DH loves the Quest. He adores it.

So I guess I have my own answer...I think it'll be the Vista/Quest combo for me. And borrow my parents' BJCM occasionally if I need it.

ehf
05-14-2010, 08:39 PM
I would also hold off of owning both, and I actually just bought the Bee+. I LOVE it, even more than I thought I would, but it's my only stroller (after the Snap n' Go, which now I won't need anymore, either).

Part of me wants to get a used all-terrain (like a BOB or something) for long walks through our non-sidewalked neighborhood. The Bee is definitely a bit more clattery (though DD doesn't seem jostled), but I LOVE the parent-facing option for those walks, and I could barely justify the price of the Bee, much less the Bee plus the Vista!

If either one of the strollers were less expensive, I'd say that they're a perfect combination. Since they're both so pricey, though, I'd maybe learn to love the Vista.

I'm not as crazy about the advice to get the Triumph. I had a Maclaren in-between outgrowing the Snap N Go and waiting for the Bee to come out. The basket was very difficult to reach, but it was annoying to have to hold shopping bags b/c I didn't really have a good one-handed steering. We had the Techno, which didn't tip, but I would not like the tippy-ness of the Triumph.

If I had the Vista and the Mac, I'd use the Vista for any outing and for the mall--I'd only use the Mac to travel or if you had a REALLY quick errand and didn't want to haul the Vista around. Since I store my stroller in my car at all times--take it out of the trunk for walks, and put it right back in, I wouldn't want two.

Up to you. You'll like the Bee. I just seems like a lot... The Vista has so many advantages and is such a great stroller.