PDA

View Full Version : Do I need a pack-n-play if co-sleeper turns into a play-yard?

AZchic
05-14-2010, 11:07 AM
Hi all,

We're expecting our first in early September and I'm starting to work on my registry. I'm know that I definitely want a full-size arms reach co-sleeper. They say that this can be used as a play yard once we're done co-sleeping. I'm wondering if I still need a pack-n-play then ... I don't know how long we'll use the co-sleeper or at what point you actually start to use a play yard. Your suggestions are greatly appreciated!

AshleyAnn
05-14-2010, 11:53 AM
I'm not all that familiar with the cosleeper but if it folds like a playnpack I would say no. Now that DD is in her crib I only use my playnpack as a bed for her at grandma's and the beach. Once she is crawling I may put it in the living room to keep her contained when I need to but I havent decided. She was out of the bassinet at 6 weeks and at 6 months is still not crawling so I don't think you'll need both at the same time. I bring her in my bed all the time and I just lay her beside me to cuddle.

Momof3Labs
05-14-2010, 02:42 PM
We have both - no, if you get the full-size co-sleeper, you don't need a pack-n-play.

marndt
05-15-2010, 02:03 AM
We have a co-sleeper and a pack and play. The co-sleeper is definitely not as simple to take down or put back up. So if you are only bringing the co-sleeper every once in awhile elsewhere, then I don't think it would be too bad. But if you are needing something that easily transports, it would be best to get a pack and play.

♥ms.pacman♥
05-15-2010, 07:05 AM
We have a co-sleeper and a pack and play. The co-sleeper is definitely not as simple to take down or put back up. So if you are only bringing the co-sleeper every once in awhile elsewhere, then I don't think it would be too bad. But if you are needing something that easily transports, it would be best to get a pack and play.

:yeahthat:

i have the mini cosleeper but i imagine the concept of setting it up & installing it to a bed (and uninstalling it, folding it upetc) is the same as the regular size... it's def not as easy as the PnP. if you plan on regularly transporting a playard (e.g. to grandma's house, etc) i would definitely get a pnp as well.

catsnkid
05-17-2010, 10:05 AM
I have both.. Used co-sleeper upstairs and took it traveling. It's not that bad to assemble after you learn. ;-)

On our main floor we used the other pack play- I used it for quick naps and diaper changes. I have pretty much discontinued using it for changes since DS was about 9 months as he squirms.. I'm probably going to bring it to my moms for a nap station as she will be taking him for a few days a week in a few months