PDA

View Full Version : 8 month old - using lightweight stroller?

BuffMel
05-14-2010, 12:12 PM
I had the snap-n-go stroller for the infant carrier, but DS has outgrown the infant carrier. We have a Maclaren Volo umbrella-type stroller, but DS seems too small for it. I had to thread the straps in the upper two pegs but it's not even a snug fit for DS. I have no idea what age/size they need to be before they can use these type of strollers, so now I'm wondering if I should go out and buy the full-size type strollers. I kind of have Mom-Envy, when I see other moms pushing their young babies in these strollers and I have DS in a lightweight!

WatchingThemGrow
05-14-2010, 12:20 PM
You don't have any stroller with air tires? You'll likely find one of those very useful as they aren't just for running - just general use around town, outside, etc. A Volo is a 1yo+ stroller, and many people use that type for travel. I think most people have one more full-featured stroller with a great canopy for regular use.

ETA: If you can still exchange it for a Triumph, you could be using the stroller now. It's okay for 3m+ because it reclines.

jacksmoma
05-14-2010, 12:25 PM
the joovy kooper is a really nice full featured cool umbrella style stroller- and it's $140 on albeebaby (diapers.com will price match too). full recline, HUGE hood, decent basket, storage on back, window to see baby, and very cool lookig :)

arivecchi
05-14-2010, 12:30 PM
Do you need something for car use/indoor use or outdoor use?

lorinick
05-14-2010, 12:47 PM
Imo the Volo is for a 2ish yr. old. I really like the Quest for my seven mt. old and would have been ok with the Triumph as well. But since you already have the Volo. You may want to look at the Baby Jogger City Mini. I'm in love with that stroller. If you need air tires take a look at the BJCC or Elite, the BOB. What do you need it for?