PDA

View Full Version : Cool! Shall we start with a pregnant mama checkin?

mama2g03
05-14-2010, 01:46 PM
I know we've done this in the lounge, but this seemed like a good way to start the new pregnancy forum.
I only have three more weeks from today! This will be my third child and I'm expecting another girl. It's been an easy pregnancy (for being 40 years old this time around) but I am ready to be done! Baby was breech at the 32 week u/s but has flipped as shown on my u/s last Tuesday - hooray! I know there are some other mamas waiting for breech babies to turn, any luck for you guys? Sending you flipping vibes if not yet.
Good luck to all the expecting mamas here. I know there are a lot of us!

luckytwenty
05-14-2010, 02:01 PM
Three weeks away--wow, you are almost there! My kids were 37 & 38 weeks so if you're like me, you are REALLY almost there!

I am also pregnant with my third child, and we have similar years. My oldest is 03 and my daughter is (the end of) 05.

I am just 4 months but already really showing and already getting tired of the comments about how big I am! I find out the gender in 2 weeks--having a boy and a girl, I don't really care what the gender is, but am eager to start decorating!

I am 36 and this is the easiest pregnancy of the three (so far, anyway.) No morning sickness at all--with my last pregnancy, I had to go on Zofran.

Good luck to you!

dukie41181
05-14-2010, 02:47 PM
Hi ladies! I am 15 weeks as of this weekend. I am excited to be in the 2nd trimester...my 1st trimester wasn't all that bad but it was more challenging this time only because I still needed to take care of my daughter (currently 15 months old). Diapers and feedings were tough! We will be finding out the gender of the baby but won't be able to do so until late June. I was hoping to do it on June 18th (right before we leave for a family cruise) but I was told that they are now wanting to do the scan at 21 or 22 weeks as the scan checks for additional things (things they weren't checking for when I was pregnant with my daughter). Anyways, I just wanted to chime in on the pregnant mama check in! Congrats ladies!

citymama
05-14-2010, 03:24 PM
Delete - wrong forum!

smcdonald2
05-14-2010, 07:35 PM
Love the new board! I'm about to start week 15, and can't wait for the ultrasound. This is my first baby and I'm very excited...especially now that the morning sickness is going away. (Thank you, thank you, thank you!) I've gained only one pound but somehow, am completely spherical.

I started reading the Baby Bargains book and visiting the boards when DH and I went off birth control, over a year ago. Pregnancy took a little longer than we thought, but we're thrilled with the way things are unfolding.

We're looking into things like cloth diapering, baby wearing, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, etc. but ultimately we're pragmatists and will do whatever is safest and best for our family. (Translation: I reserve the right to chicken out.)

Have not yet had the courage to consider natural childbirth. :wink2:

fumofu
05-14-2010, 07:45 PM
I am at 28 weeks, first time mom, expecting a boy that we've started calling by name. Just starting to really feel pregnant. Weight of the baby is getting to me - oh those backaches. He's kicking all the time! and consistently around 1am, which is when I'll be doing my kick counts.

It's been a great pregnancy though. Minimal morning sickness, gradually gaining weight. I also get a preview of motherhood from my sisters and their 4-month and 2-week old sons.

We're also house hunting right now. It's a little depressing how little we get for our money in California, but I would not live anywhere else.

I'm not working and just relaxing in my in-laws' house (they live out of state) these days. Being a homemaker is weird. I did not imagine myself shopping, cooking and cleaning as main priorities of my life. But I'm grateful that DH can take care of us from his salary, and he's been taking good care of me and our future baby.

dukie41181
05-14-2010, 10:27 PM
Love the new board! I'm about to start week 15, and can't wait for the ultrasound. This is my first baby and I'm very excited...especially now that the morning sickness is going away. (Thank you, thank you, thank you!) I've gained only one pound but somehow, am completely spherical.

I started reading the Baby Bargains book and visiting the boards when DH and I went off birth control, over a year ago. Pregnancy took a little longer than we thought, but we're thrilled with the way things are unfolding.

We're looking into things like cloth diapering, baby wearing, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, etc. but ultimately we're pragmatists and will do whatever is safest and best for our family. (Translation: I reserve the right to chicken out.)

Have not yet had the courage to consider natural childbirth. :wink2:

Welcome! We must have similar due dates. I am due November 7th...what about you?

BeccaB.
05-15-2010, 09:59 AM
I'm due Sept 22 with my second little boy. Can't wait to meet him and I'm only halfway through this pregnancy. I'm feeling great now. Hopefully that will last! Good luck to all you other mommies!

smcdonald2
05-15-2010, 10:26 AM
Welcome! We must have similar due dates. I am due November 7th...what about you?

November 13...we're very close! I am actually 14 weeks today, but tomorrow my doctor will consider me "in the 15th week." It's confusing.

luckytwenty
05-15-2010, 01:11 PM
I am November 2! :-)

brgnmom
05-15-2010, 01:58 PM
Hi all,

I'm also due in November as well. ;) I'm finding out DC2's gender in a couple of weeks in June.

Congrats and best wishes to all the expectant mamas. :)

flamingo
05-15-2010, 02:55 PM
Hi everyone! Just joined the forum but have loved the books for yrs! Expecting my first Aug 21 a girl planning a homebirth with midwife along with CD, BF, EC, and lots of other hippie-dippie AP things. (But on the authors advice, am going to get an Arm's Reach cosleeper- I toss and turn too much for actual cosleeping lol!)
mama2g03- congrats on getting the baby to turn. I was a vaginal breech myself and my mother still complains about my birth! Of course breeches can be birthed fine but certain measures not common to hospital settings are needed; i.e. various non-lithomy positions like squatting/all fours, easing the baby out slowly and being very patient, etc. Also for anyone trying to turn a breech, check into seeing a chiropractor certified in the Webster method.
smcdonald2- good luck! Remember it's not an all or nothing thing with the all natural stuff. Trying things out and adjust from there. Maybe CD won't work but Gdiapers and organic disposables will. Look into all your options. What do you mean you don't have the courage to consider natural childbirth? You can always change your mind. Read all you can and then decide. What we think of as natural CB here in the US is actually the standard procedure throughout the world (and not just remote, 3rd world countries but industrialized nations like Japan and most of Europe where midwifery is the norm and only high risk women see OBs).

ewpmsw
05-15-2010, 10:18 PM
Hello! :waving4: I think I'm somewhere around week 28, if that works out to be 8/18 as due date. As fumofu said, I'm starting to really feel the weight of the baby and lots of kicks. Had a long drive today and I could see the shirt/pants over my belly moving once in a while when the baby moved, which was a surprise. This is DD #2, and I don't recall feeling this pregnant with #1 until later in the pregnancy. I am SO tired! DD #1 doesn't let me sit still for long before she's into something messy or scary. I'm really glad to have the ucky first trimester behind me, and trying very hard not to eat everything in sight now. August seems so far away at this point, and we have a lot to do to prepare for #2. So glad to see this new forum! Congrats to all the expecting mamas.

newg
05-15-2010, 10:43 PM
I'm at week 25 and due August 26th....but with DD1 being six weeks early, I've just started saying "I'm due in August" because there is no way I'm making to the end!!
We're having another girl, which I am secretly estatic about (everyone knows I'm happy, but I didn't tell anyone I was secretly wishing for another girl).....
We are on vacation now, and when we get back I want to jump head on into getting this little girls room ready and preparing the house for another baby.
It seems like DD2 has flipped a switch recently and is just kickboxing me to death!! I swear if feels different than with DD1, more like hitting my funny bone. She always decides to move the most just as I am starting to drift off to sleep too......or putting my feet up while DD is sleeping.

It's nice having a specific place to chat about being pregnant! Congrats to all the other pregnant mammas and I hope everyone has a stress-free, worry-free pregnancy!!

PearlsMom
05-17-2010, 12:55 PM
Congrats to all the expectant mommies!

I'm due June 28 with my first (a boy), and while everything (crib, car seat, clothes, etc) are pretty much ready for baby, I can't stop buying baby clothes! They're so cute! And now that it's yard sale and flea market season, it's so easy to find barely used or brand new baby clothes for an absolute steal. DH is very sweet about the whole thing, but thinks I'm a little bonkers. I need to have this kid soon, before his wardrobe overflows our little house...

It was finally warm enough this past weekend for me to take my first dip in our backyard pool. And now I really wish I was still there, rather than sitting at a desk. I kind of hate being upright these days.

kam
05-18-2010, 10:48 AM
Hi everyone!

I'm due with DC2 in January. :-) So, I'm currently experiencing the joys of non-stop nausea and total exhaustion while working p.t. and chasing a 15 m.o.! Thank heavens for DH.

Yay for all the new babies!

sunnyside
05-18-2010, 01:23 PM
HI everyone!

I'm Mishka and I'm due with my first baby (a little girl) the first week of July! I can't believe how fast the time has flown by!!!

It's nice to meet everyone! :cheerleader1:

MoJo
05-18-2010, 02:00 PM
I'm Jo, and I'm almost done with my second (and likely last) pregnancy. I'm due in three weeks and three days (on June 11), but not at all sure I'm going to be waiting that long.

When I went to the hospital last week to pre-register at my birth center, the nurse asked my due date, then immediately, skeptically looked at me and asked if I thought I'd make it that long. I've been having feelings for a couple of months that this one would arrive early. I'm huge, even according to my midwife. I'm exhausted. I'm still on Zofran (this pregnancy has been SO much harder than my first). The baby has dropped.

I'll be considered full term Friday. I'm hoping DD#2 will wait until school's out to make her arrival, since DH is a teacher. School's out June 2. DH is hoping for a June 4 arrival, so he only has to remember one birthdate for both girls.

I'm hoping for a natural childbirth. I didn't get that with DD#1 because my water broke, but then I didn't go into labor, so then I had to be induced. They say my body will know what to do more so this time, so my chances are better.

This baby is SO much more real to me than DD#1 was at this stage. I feel her a lot more, probably because with DD#1 the placenta was up front, between me and her.

Best wishes to all of the other pregnant moms and moms to be!

mama2g03
05-18-2010, 08:49 PM
Congrats to all the mamas here! We have lots of newly pregnant, somewhere in the middle and some of us almost done!

DH is hoping for a June 4 arrival, so he only has to remember one birthdate for both girls.
Jo, I will gladly give your husband my June 4 due date if it means I go early too! I am so ready, but also freaking out about having three home all summer. I am nesting big time and having crazy, freaky dreams. I hope this means we are very close.

Good luck everyone and keep us all posted!

Jenn850
05-19-2010, 12:01 PM
Hi all!

Add another June baby to the list! I am due the 14th... and send some baby flippin mojo this way. We are trying all kinds of swimming, diving, bath, ice, music, odd upside down positions, chiropractic, acupuncture, positive imagery, and I just got off the phone with a hypnotist. After DD's breech planned section I really have my heart set on an all natural vbac for DS on route. Is there a fingers crosses icon?

sunnyside
05-19-2010, 01:04 PM
Hi all!

Add another June baby to the list! I am due the 14th... and send some baby flippin mojo this way. We are trying all kinds of swimming, diving, bath, ice, music, odd upside down positions, chiropractic, acupuncture, positive imagery, and I just got off the phone with a hypnotist. After DD's breech planned section I really have my heart set on an all natural vbac for DS on route. Is there a fingers crosses icon?

Hi! Congrats on your baby! I know you've tried everything, but I thought I'd pipe up. I took a pelvic alignment class from my yoga teacher and it is all about getting the baby into position. We learned a series of yoga moves to do every evening for about 10 minutes before bed. They also told us to sit on an exercise ball etc and stay OFF the couch. That anytime you have your knees higher than your hips and your leaned back like in a bucket seat the baby is being encouraged into the wrong position.

This is my first pregnancy and so I'm not sure of much, but maybe a yoga teacher might be able to help you? Anyway, I am sending you flipping mojo and hoping your wee one will flip around for you!

creativelightbulb
05-19-2010, 03:31 PM
Hi, I'm 28 weeks due on August 8th with our first DD.

Thus far it has been a relatively easy pregnancy from what I'm being told by other mothers. No sickness - few other complaints esp. since I purchased a wedge and body pillow to support my growing belly at night.

I live in the Washington DC Metro area and the pollen has been a bit of a challenge for me...I'm perpetually stuffed up...owing what little relief I can get to my nettie pot and afrin. I know my co-workers will be glad when I stop blowing my nose every half an hour...

best of luck to you all...

have you all ordered/purchased your cribs yet? I'm soooo glad I heeded the advice from BB and ordered mine early....it has been months and no crib yet.

Tanya
05-20-2010, 05:29 PM
Hi all! I'm 13 weeks (due November 25) with twins. I already have two daughters. I just had an ultrasound this week and both babies are doing well. My morning sickness appears to be pretty much gone, so that's a relief.

With twins, I have to decide what I need two of. Obviously carseats, but I'm still figuring out the others. My daughters both co-slept, so I am not planning on a second crib at this point...although I will have to get my 3.5 year old out of it (it's made into a toddler bed currently).

I didn't have any pain meds with my previous two, so I'd LOVE to be able to do the same again. Unless I change doctors, I'll have to have an OB instead of my midwife this time around though.

Tanya

csnoop
05-21-2010, 04:55 PM
I am 29 weeks today. I already have DD who had the exact same due date as this one. My OB had a good laugh about it. We are expecting a boy this time. I have scheduled c/s on July 30th due to a fibroid surgery I had almost 4 yrs ago. So technically, I am due at 39 weeks. But my DD decided to come early... at around 37 weeks. This one will probably be the same. So I probably don't have that much time left.

CC

LD92599
05-22-2010, 04:38 PM
I just saw! I'm 34 weeks and although I'd like to go as close to my due date as possible (DS was a week late and i'd like to be home at least for the early part of September to get used to school for DS again!), i'm not so sure i'm going to last another 6 weeks!

I'm huge...and gaining alot of weight ;-( I'm pretty much all ready though, had a shower last weekend so the nursery is totally stocked; got my Chicco adapter for the Vista this morning (!).

I really wish nesting would start though, except i can't bend over! I definitely feel more physically UNFIT this time around. Hard to sleep, walk, bend, etc. ARGH!!

6 more weeks..........

swissair81
05-24-2010, 04:02 PM
I'm Rachael & I'm 25 weeks. I'm due September 4th, but I tell everyone that i'm due in August because I usually go early. This is number 4 for me. It's been a rather rocky ride this time. I had a bleed from behind the placenta, a 8 cm subchorionic hematoma, and I fell down the stairs last week & sprained my ankle quite nicely. At least I didn't break it. I probably have enough baby paraphernalia for a store at this point (although I will need a second crib, I think). I love natural childbirth, EBF, co-sleeping, thinking about trying out cloth diapers this time around. I have an appt with my Dr tomorrow & we're going to start talking seriously about labor now. I would love a homebirth, but my husband won't go for it, so the Dr and I need to be on the same page about my intended hospital homebirth.

Beth24
05-25-2010, 02:41 PM
Hi everyone. I am due on July 7 with our 4th child, a boy. I am 44 years old but feeling well physically mainly because I have gestational diabetes and haven't gained any weight this time. I am new to the board and have relied on it so much for baby gear advice because everything has changed so much since i was pregnant 8 years ago. I have been at least 3 weeks early each time, so I probably don't have much longer to go.

Best of luck to everyone.

Beth, mom to DS 12, DD 7 and DS2 whom we lost almost 2 years ago to brain cancer.

brgnmom
05-25-2010, 08:27 PM
Hi all,

I just found out that my sister is expecting her first child (I had to share the news here, since I'm keeping my mouth shut IRL until she reaches the 2nd trimester)!! :heartbeat: She's been busy working as an attorney and didn't expect to get pregnant right now. I'm hoping that she'll join this forum, and I'm definitely getting her a copy of the latest baby bargains book.