PDA

View Full Version : Recipes/uses for Chicken Sausages?

daisymommy
05-14-2010, 05:30 PM
I looked at the yummy chicken sausages at Costco the other day (I think maybe feta and spinach flavor?) but I wasn't sure what I would do with them. How do you cook them? What do you serve them with?

infomama
05-14-2010, 05:43 PM
We buy the gouda and apple sausages all the time and we LOVE them. We just grill them up and serve them with noodles and green beans or some other variant of starch and veggie.

DrSally
05-14-2010, 09:37 PM
We buy the gouda and apple ones all the time too, and love them. DH grills a big batch on the weekend, and I cut them up and serve to the kids. DD especially loves them. I just add various side dishes.

Tondi G
05-15-2010, 06:32 PM
we love chicken apple sausages... saute some onions and red bell pepper and serve on a roll or hot dog bun... baked beans, corn on the cob and salad.

You can also cut them up in rounds and put them on a wooden skewer with vegis (peppers, onion, zucchini etc) and pop em on the grill.

cut them up and put them in marinara sauce serve over spaghetti... salad and garlic bread

If you ever do breakfast for dinner you can cut them up and put them in a fritatta or omelette.

boolady
05-17-2010, 03:35 PM
We get the spinach and feta sometimes, and I'll brown them, slice them, and put them in pasta sauce w/ pasta, or saute spinach and garlic in some olive oil and toss with pasta, grill and put on buns with sauteed spinach, like a hotdog. I've used them in a spinach/potato/onion/sausage frittata, you name it.

alien_host
05-19-2010, 04:14 PM
I've had the spinach and feta ones and we usually grill them and either put them on a bun/roll or grill and then slice and toss with pasta and plain ole jarred sauce. I might saute some other veggies and add to the pasta as well.