PDA

View Full Version : Rash guards

ourbabygirl
05-14-2010, 10:21 PM
Do you think it's necessary to have kids in rash guards with long sleeves? DD has a short-sleeved one (two-piece; short sleeve top and shorts bottom) for this summer, but I'm wondering if I should only be getting her long-sleeved ones. Unfortunately, those are usually harder to find and more expensive. Is she going to get too much sun exposure with a short-sleeved one? I'm worried the long-sleeved ones will be too hot (when she's not in the water, just playing around it). She's 19 months, if that matters.

What do you do?

Thanks! :thumbsup:

WatchingThemGrow
05-14-2010, 10:26 PM
We put the big kids in l/s ones. The baby doesn't really "play" in the sun yet, and his is short sleeves (ON clearance a looooong time ago), but we'll move everyone up soon and he'll get a l/s one soon. ITA about how they are harder to find. I'm searching for the elusive 5/6 at LE. My kids don't complain about getting hot, since we always keep them well-hydrated while outside.

Tondi G
05-15-2010, 12:50 AM
My kids wear short sleeved rash guards and we slather their forearms and necks with sunscreen. They would get too hot in long sleeves if they aren't in water. My biggest concern is shoulders. My almost 9 year old got a sun burn on his shoulders on his 1st birthday. We had a swim party and I slathered him with sunscreen but he still got pink. I felt like the worst mommy in the world. No shoulder burns since we started wearing rash guards!

hillview
05-15-2010, 03:16 PM
I prefer l/s ones but they have a couple s/s ones too.
/hillary

vludmilla
05-15-2010, 03:35 PM
I prefer the long sleeved ones and DD has never complained about being hot. It's just less area to cover with sunblock and therefore easier for me.