PDA

View Full Version : Triumph vs. Quest?

Sidney
05-15-2010, 10:16 AM
We are going purchase a Triumph today at BRU with a 20% off coupon. I've seen a lot of talk about the Quest around here and was wondering if there are a lot differences between the two strollers to justify the increase in price of the Quest?

I plan on using the stroller for airline travel.

Thanks!

Suzanne74
05-15-2010, 11:43 AM
I believe the Quest has better fabric (more plush) It has a pocket on the back of the canopy, a peek-a-boo window, 1 or 2 more recline positions, and it has the leg extender.

I played with both a lot yesterday at Buy Buy Baby and could barely tell the difference in weight - I think the Quest is only 1.5lbs heavier. I prefered the Quest but I also have an 8mo and love the leg extender. If the Quest was $30 or more and I had a child over 18 months, I would probably just get the Triumph and get the universal holder.

Sidney
05-15-2010, 11:53 AM
Thanks! My son is now 4 months old but is 27" (96%tile) so he's very long and lean. This is a stroller that I obviously want to be able to use for a long time.

Do you think the seat back on the Quest is taller than the Triumph? So, would a child be able to use the Quest longer before outgrowing it over a Triumph?

I wish there was only a $30 difference, at least where I have looked online and it seems like there is a $60-70 price difference.

MontrealMum
05-15-2010, 12:20 PM
Here's the link to the buggy comparison chart (http://www.maclarenbaby.com/us/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=283&Itemid=88889303) on the Maclaren website. Also, if you click on Quest and Triumph individually you can read up on their specific stats. Honestly, they are basically the same with a few small differences, the biggest being that the Quest has the leg extender and the Triumph does not. Also the Quest is slightly heavier and has a pocket (that doesn't close very well in any case) on the seatback.

jtannerchs
05-15-2010, 01:16 PM
We travel a lot and I love my Quest. I think the leg extender helps for when the baby/toddler is going to need to nap in the stroller, which happens a lot when you are traveling. It just doesn't seem comfortable to sleep with your legs in a sitting position.

As far as the pocket in the back, it's not very useful. As mentioned before, it doesn't close well. I got that extra Maclaren Universal Organizer, and that is useful.

I also got a Rayshade because I don't think the shades are very good on the Macs.

I bought my Quest on ebay, brand new, and much cheaper than in stores. It was a previous year's model, but the savings were significant. You may want to check ebay!

satchnbucky
05-15-2010, 02:52 PM
We have the Triumph from BRUS and debated between the two but couldn't justify the price difference. I've never regretted not getting the Quest. I actually prefer the recline mechanism on the Triumph (it's a strap recline so it's multi-position) and I found it easier to work than the Quest. However we got ours when our baby was 9 mos old. He never missed the legrest. Neither one would be good for a baby under 6 months. I believe the shell height is the same on either. HTH!

hillview
05-15-2010, 03:09 PM
Like the quest as it has more head space/room.
/hillary

Sidney
05-15-2010, 04:44 PM
I played with the Triumph and Quest and decided to go back tomorrow and buy the Triumph. I didn't see enough important differences to justify the extra $60 more on the Quest.

Now, just to decide on a color!

jacksmoma
05-15-2010, 04:53 PM
i like the quest better as it has a pocket for your stuff....the window on the quest is pretty usless tho as it's on the back of the stroller, you can't even see baby thru it- don't know why it's even there!

arivecchi
05-15-2010, 05:34 PM
DS2 started using our Triumph @ 5 months. We did not miss any of the features of the Quest. We :heartbeat: our Triumph!

satchnbucky
05-15-2010, 05:50 PM
I played with the Triumph and Quest and decided to go back tomorrow and buy the Triumph. I didn't see enough important differences to justify the extra $60 more on the Quest.

Now, just to decide on a color!

I think you'll be happy with your choice! BTW - if you get the organizer, the pocket on the back of the quest hood would be useless - it's blocked by the organizer! If you look at BRUS, the munchkin organizer is virtually the same for $10 less (I have the Mac one, but my friend got the Munchkin one and you can't tell the difference except for the label)

AnnieW625
05-15-2010, 09:30 PM
Four years ago I had the same debate and ended up getting a Triumph and have been very happy with it. It's a great all around stroller. We started using our Triumph when DD1 was about 3 or 4 mos. old and had good head control. We've used it for everything from airline travel to mass transit trains in LA, and Boston, as well as for theme parks and it's great. You'll be really happy with your purchase.

ETA & butting in:
I think you'll be happy with your choice! BTW - if you get the organizer, the pocket on the back of the quest hood would be useless - it's blocked by the organizer! If you look at BRUS, the munchkin organizer is virtually the same for $10 less (I have the Mac one, but my friend got the Munchkin one and you can't tell the difference except for the label)

Thanks for that tip! I still need to get one for the Techno .

mrsjde
05-16-2010, 01:49 PM
We went through the same thing-- I ended up with the Triumph also and felt I made the right decision.

swissair81
05-16-2010, 02:24 PM
After my quest got run over I bought a techno xt. I know it's heavier, but the extra features were worth it. Definitely quest over triumph though.

poohbear
05-16-2010, 02:58 PM
Triumph for sure. Unless you find a bargain on a quest. I don't think the quest's extra "features" are really worth it for most babies.

Sidney
05-16-2010, 07:49 PM
Thanks for all of your responses!

I bought a Triumph today and it will be perfect for what I need it for. I also bought the Childress stroller organizer because I liked it better than the Mac and Munchkin ones.

We have an Uppababy Vista and now the Triumph so it's nice to have two different types of strollers to choose from.