PDA

View Full Version : Shower etiquette

billysmommy
05-17-2010, 11:55 AM
We have a bunch of showers this summer....

....once you send invitations and people start buying, please don't start changing items that have already been bought.
....and when asked about it ~ "It doesn't matter anyway because we're just going to return most everything anyway" is not an appropriate response
....don't invite the same people to multiple showers and if you do, don't expect big presents from them at each one

clc053103
05-17-2010, 02:19 PM
I can add one- if you have a friend or relative that's going to watch your child, that doesn't mean it is ok to register double of everything to outfit your own private day care!

(really!)

JTsMom
05-17-2010, 02:51 PM

....and when asked about it ~ "It doesn't matter anyway because we're just going to return most everything anyway" is not an appropriate response

:nono: No way!

I'd be tempted to show up empty handed and say, "Well, you said you were going to return everything, so I figured I'd save you the trip!" How rude!!!

lizzywednesday
05-17-2010, 03:37 PM
:nono: No way!

I'd be tempted to show up empty handed and say, "Well, you said you were going to return everything, so I figured I'd save you the trip!" How rude!!!

:yeahthat:

Genius!!!!!

Corie
05-17-2010, 04:09 PM

....don't invite the same people to multiple showers and if you do, don't expect big presents from them at each one

I always thought you were supposed to invite someone to only one shower.

I can't imagine inviting someone to multiple showers!!

belovedgandp
05-17-2010, 05:13 PM
Ah, lovely on all fronts. The reality of parenthood is going to kick them in the teeth, but it probably won't mean they have any more manners.

DrSally
05-17-2010, 08:27 PM
Unbeliveable.

ewpmsw
05-17-2010, 09:33 PM
Tsk. How rude.

mom2binsd
05-17-2010, 10:21 PM
These will be the same people who never RSVP when their child is invited to birthday parties!

MamaMolly
05-18-2010, 11:19 PM
These will be the same people who never RSVP when their child is invited to birthday parties!

:hysterical: YUP!