PDA

View Full Version : I'm having stroller anxiety today!

Jennifer626
05-17-2010, 05:47 PM
I have had my Frog for sale on CL for almost 3 weeks...I've only had 1 serious inquiry so far, and a ton of spam fake offers from Russia...yeah right!

I narrowed down my search to either a Bob or a BJCE...played with a friend's Bob on Saturday and another friend's BJCE on Sunday, and the BJCE won, hands-down! I love it. I'm drooling just thinking about it.

But, hubby told me I can't buy the BJCE until I sell the Bugaboo. I just posted it on CL again...I don't understand why no one is jumping at my ad?? Lots of good pictures, mine is $100-$200 less than all the other Bug's...where are my buyers?!

None of my real friends understand my frustration, but I hope you ladies can feel my pain!! It's been goregous weather the last few days, and I'm so excited to get out and about with my shiny new BJCE!

Also, anyone looking for a very gently used Bugaboo?? ;)

arivecchi
05-17-2010, 05:58 PM
You can try posting it on strollerswap. I oftentimes sell things on CL on my second try. It's all about timing.

Sending you selling vibes! Please tell me that you are not in Chicago as I cannot afford any more temptations. :ROTFLMAO:

Jennifer626
05-17-2010, 06:06 PM
You can try posting it on strollerswap. I oftentimes sell things on CL on my second try. It's all about timing.

Sending you selling vibes! Please tell me that you are not in Chicago as I cannot afford any more temptations. :ROTFLMAO:

Oooh I will post it on the swap! Great idea!

And, no, I'm in Portland! But, I wonder how mush shipping costs to Chicago? lol

FieryOne1231
05-18-2010, 01:28 AM
Sorry, but what does BJCE stand for? I'm a first time mom, and I'm not on this board much either.

jgenie
05-18-2010, 02:00 AM
Sorry, but what does BJCE stand for? I'm a first time mom, and I'm not on this board much either.

Baby Jogger City Elite

WatchingThemGrow
05-18-2010, 06:54 AM
Why can't you continue to use the Frog until it sells? FWIW, I considered selling my Bug for a BJCE once, but I do enjoy using the bassinet, the wheeled board, and having the reversible feature. It's not all bad if it doesn't sell. You still have a fabulous stroller!! How many times have you reposted it on CL?

LoveBeingMrs
05-18-2010, 07:56 AM
How does strollerswap work with shipping? Is there a search by location option somewhere? TIA!

Jennifer626
05-18-2010, 11:52 AM
Update: My coworker bought my Frog yesterday!!! She's pregnant, due with her 2nd in November, and she has heard me gush about this stroller since I bought it, so she offered me full asking price yesterday, and I put it in her car this morning! So excited to now buy the BJCE!!

Watching Them Grow- Yes, I know how awesome the Frog is! I'm just over it. I'm the type of person that switches purses and shoes with every outfot, so pushing the same stroller for 8 months has been driving me crazy! I'm just sick of the fold, honestly. And DD won't sit reversible anymore, she wants to see out now all the time, so I want a peek-a-boo window to see her, a child tray for her cheerios and sippy cup, etc. I loved te Frog and it suited my old needs perfectly (reversible with air tires for Europe), but now that I don't need that anymore, I'm over it. Plus I have always lusted after the BJCE, but now with the 2010 changes, it's just even more irresistable!

Suzanne74
05-18-2010, 12:00 PM
Congrats. :cheerleader1: You will love your BJCE. I actually like it more and more everyday I use it. The parent console holds so much and right now the kicker plate for my 9 mon old's toesies is my favorite thing. :applause: My husband already told me I am not allowed to sell this one. He loves how high he can put the handlebar and he doesn't have to figure out a cumbersome fold.

By the way, I got the stone from diapers.com on sale.

Jennifer626
05-18-2010, 12:21 PM
I really wanted to order the green one today, and it looks like it's sold out EVERYWHERE online, not available til August?? I could cry right now.