PDA

View Full Version : FP Bouncer vs. Babybjorn Babysitter

LoveBeingMrs
05-18-2010, 08:05 AM
I ordered a Babybjorn Babysitter Balance after reading glowing reviews about it. It took about three weeks for it to deliver. In the meantime, I borrowed a FP Rainforest Bouncer from a friend. DS loves the FP bouncer- maybe it's the vibration or the toys. I tried putting him in the Babybjorn Babysitter for the first time yesterday, and he hated it! He fell asleep in it after I bounced him for a couple of minutes, but then he woke up crying again! I even got the toy bar attachment, but he doesn't seem amused by it at all.

Should I just return the Babybjorn Babysitter or does it usually take a couple of days for a baby to warm up to it? It's just that every single review I've read has been positive... maybe it just takes a couple of days??

SnuggleBuggles
05-18-2010, 01:44 PM
Keep the FP. The recline and vibration make it a hit with all the babies I know. You already know he prefers one over the other so it sounds like the choice has been made. :) As a bonus you will save a good deal of money on something that isn't used for very long.

Beth

AnnieW625
05-18-2010, 01:59 PM
alll kiddos are different. Dd1 hated the vibrating Baby Einstein bouncer we had for her (similar to the FP one). She slept in it a handful of times if that and wanted really nothing to do with it. I ended up giving it away. Now she probably woulds've preferred the Bjorn chair.

Now we were given the FP infant to toddler rocker (http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-Infant-To-Toddler-Rocker-Blue-Green/dp/B000WUB9O4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1274205391&sr=1-2) for DD2 and when the rocker is in no rock mode DD2 loves it with the vibrations.

If it were me I'd most likely retur the Bjorn one esp. if you paid $130 for it.

Tenasparkl
05-18-2010, 02:03 PM
My daughter sat in the neighbor's bjorn chair and fell in love so we bought it when she was about 7 months old. I think they like it more when they can really kick their legs and make it bounce themselves.

LoveBeingMrs
05-18-2010, 02:12 PM
My daughter sat in the neighbor's bjorn chair and fell in love so we bought it when she was about 7 months old. I think they like it more when they can really kick their legs and make it bounce themselves.

How long were you able to use the chair for? The weight limit is 29 lbs, but I'm thinking the LO might get bored in it once he becomes mobile? =)

Tenasparkl
05-18-2010, 02:28 PM
^^ Not that long. She started walking at 10 months and didn't want to sit much after that, but it was GREAT for a few months. Now that I think back, we bought it when she was 5 or 6 months, not 7.

LoveBeingMrs
05-18-2010, 02:33 PM
If it were me I'd most likely retur the Bjorn one esp. if you paid $130 for it.

Yea, good thing we kept the box this time.. We got the Graco Sweetpeace Swing before DS was born, and hubby threw out the box- not knowing that DS would HATE it. He'll only tolerate it for (at most) thirty minutes once a week. What a waste of $$!

SnuggleBuggles
05-18-2010, 02:36 PM
How long were you able to use the chair for? The weight limit is 29 lbs, but I'm thinking the LO might get bored in it once he becomes mobile? =)

Check the instructions because w/ the FP one, once they can sit up on their own you can't use it anymore... so well before 10m. I think we used our bouncy seat till about 4-5m. With the FP, they can bounce themselves too, no need for the vibration.

Beth

LoveBeingMrs
05-18-2010, 02:54 PM
Check the instructions because w/ the FP one, once they can sit up on their own you can't use it anymore... so well before 10m. I think we used our bouncy seat till about 4-5m. With the FP, they can bounce themselves too, no need for the vibration.

Beth

"Use from birth until baby is able to sit upright unassisted. Maximum weight of child not to exceed 25 pounds."

Oh crap.. my DS is already almost 3 months old. That means I can only use the FP bouncer for two more months max! It's the only thing he'll take naps in... UH-OH! :eek:

arivecchi
05-18-2010, 03:18 PM
Keep the FP. The recline and vibration make it a hit with all the babies I know. You already know he prefers one over the other so it sounds like the choice has been made. :) As a bonus you will save a good deal of money on something that isn't used for very long.:yeahthat: