PDA

View Full Version : Disneyworld stroller for 5.5 and 3 year olds?

smilequeen
05-18-2010, 01:24 PM
We are going to Disney in July. The boys will be 5.5 and a few weeks shy of 3. My 5 year old would sit in a stroller a lot if I let him (the constant I'm too tired to walk business ;)). The 3 year old will need to sit from time to time and he can be a runner, so I'll want him to.

I haven't used a double stroller in a while but we still have a Valco Twin (big and heavy), a Phil and Teds (not sure my 3 year old would want to sit in the backseat at this stage though), and a bugaboo frog with a wheeled board (not sure if this would help with the I'm too tired to walk thing though since he still has to stand). We are actively trying to have a 3rd, so I was also considering getting something like a Joovy Ergo Caboose.

So, my question...would you take one of the strollers we already have? Would a Joovy steering drive me nuts (I'm totally spoiled and ease of pushing is important to me)? Since #3 is taking longer than we thought I'm not sure we'll need a regular double by the time #3 comes along, so I've been thinking of selling the others and maybe that would work?

TIA

Suzanne74
05-18-2010, 01:48 PM
Are you going on an airplane or driving? Are you staying in the parks at a Disney hotel and using bus/monorail or driving to a single park everyday?

Because if I was flying or using transportation other then my car, I would not bring any stroller that big to disneyworld. I would probably rent one in the park instead or get a much lighter one like a Mac and have them share.

smilequeen
05-18-2010, 06:42 PM
We are flying private, so no airport navigation. Rental car, staying on property. However, I forgot about the rental strollers and that might be a good bet at their ages...They won't be sleeping in the stroller, just resting. Last time we went they were 3.5 and 1 and we used the Phil and Teds and it rocked but it seems kind of pointless now.

chays
05-18-2010, 07:46 PM
We rented from Magic Strollers - They rent BJCMs and it was great! Delivered and picked up right from the hotel.

http://www.magicstrollers.com/?aCode=mousesavers

hillview
05-18-2010, 08:02 PM
I would take separate strollers vs a double at that age. You might want to split up etc. For us (4.5 year old and 2.5 year old) having a stroller FROM the park to the hotel was KEY. Kids are TIRED. I think the Mac Quest and the BJCM are good choices for that age. I am not so familiar with the Joovy. If transport isn't an issue I'd take the P&T and another stroller.
/hillary

jacksmoma
05-18-2010, 08:33 PM
all i know is pass on the ergo caboose- i tried one for a day then returned it! the thing is LOOONG, we're talking graco duoglider long, and the front seat is hard hard hard and barely reclines. i'd rent if i was you seeing that your children are pretty much out of strollers, or get a double mac, that's really the only double that will fit a 5 year old. i have a bjcmd but it would not fit a 5 year old imo. hth!

Suzanne74
05-18-2010, 10:36 PM
If you are staying inside the park area you don't want a big stroller. It is a PIA to lug in and off monorail and bus. Maclaren Volo are nice because they are mesh and breathable. We used ours for our daughter during our trips to Disney ages 2, then 3. By the last time at 4.5, she was rarely in the stroller though. By 5, we didn't bring one and she didn't miss it. We don't go crazy and stay all day. We go early and then leave from 1-4pm for nap/swim and then go back for the evening. So she was never flat out exhausted. I almost think for that age, I would just do one stroller and let them share. I guess you can bring 2 and find if you don't use the other one a lot, just leave it in the hotel room.

HannaAddict
05-19-2010, 02:57 AM
We took two Volos for a five and a half and three year old and it worked great. We have a P & T too and BJCSD, but the two Volos were just what we needed. The five year old did ride more than I expected, Disney is tiring! Have fun, and flying private is so nice with kids. Especially with airlines and security these days. Have fun. (We were at Disneyland, though I think that doesn't matter much.)

smilequeen
05-19-2010, 10:07 PM
We do have a Mac quest and come to think of it a Zapp somewhere in storage. Hmmmm. Maybe those would work...

hillview
05-20-2010, 08:15 AM
I really liked having the Zapp at Disney -- the fold isn't ideal but it pushes GREAT. I'd take that and the Mac!
/hillary

egoldber
05-20-2010, 08:25 AM
:yeahthat:

Also it is going to be HOT while you are there and the last thing you want to be doing is carrying two hot, sweaty kids from the park to the hotel or to the parking lot. The heat will also wear them out faster.