PDA

View Full Version : Joovy Kooper mini review!

jacksmoma
05-19-2010, 04:40 PM
Just got it in the mail so will be sure to update after i take it out this afternoon but so far here's what i've got to say on it (a bit of a comparison to bjcm since that's what i've had forever!):

Great canopy, not as massive as a bjcm but i like it better as older babies and toddler's don't like the bjcm's down all the way (can't see much)

Pockets and drink holders on back of canopy are GREAT!

VERY high quality, soft, plush fabric (nicer than bjcm imo)

Huge window on canopy

Reclines nearly flat and back of canopy that hangs over the reclined seat can be folded up for great airflow

LOVE the pockets on either side of baby; great for sippies, snacks, etc

Nice large seat, looks to be about the same exact size as my bjcm (but more upright)

Love the four vs. three wheels, more classic looking and a nice change for me :)

Comes fully assembled like bjcm (pop on wheels and canopy)

Handles seem to be a better height for me at 5'3" and i like the foam

Here's the kicker for me; the wheelbase is much much smaller (maybe 4 inches?!) and i can ACTUALLY get to the underseat basket which really annoys me on the bjcm (it's so far forward under the seat/hidden and hard to get anything bigger than 4 inches in there). Love the big basket on the kooper and love that i don't have to walk to the side of the stroller to get something big in it either. Also, the seat sits VERY upright, at least 2 inches more than a bjcm which was really bothering my baby :( The seat is very very structured and supported; it has a built in lumber support pad (!) and head pillow. VERY impressed! I paid $139 on diapers.com (price matched albeebaby.com) vs. the $229 for bjcm plus another $10 for sunshine kids caddy. The fold is super easy, just like a mac. Not too heavy, same as bjcm which is perfect, light for the car yet study. Joovy has made a great stroller! It is very sleek and mod looking with the exposed silver frame and sleek black fabric. Reminds me of a cooler quinny zapp/bjcm...I think this will be the perfect stroller for me since my baby did not like the recline on the bjcm and i was ready for a fun change :) Will post pics if someone can tell me how!!

FieryOne1231
05-19-2010, 05:12 PM
Thanks for the review! So if you were looking for an all-in-one stroller, would you go with the Kooper over the BJCM? I tried to purchase the BJCM, but they are out of stock everywhere. Did you get the red or black? The red looked a little red/orange on my computer. I love the red of the crimson BJCM. Is it redder in person? Thanks =)

jacksmoma
05-19-2010, 05:18 PM
hmmm having had both they are very very similar....if you will be using it a lot outside, go with the bjcm since it is more "jogger" like. if indoors and for errands (mine stays in the car) the kooper is better since you won't be running into racks/doorways since it is a lot more narrow. They are both great; the kooper is a much better price as well. did you try diapers.com for a bjcm? i thought they had them in stock now...the "crimson/gray" on the bjcm is a nice cranberry red, not too bright. i got the black kooper, i am a black stroller girl though! matches with every out fit!! I don't really care for red strollers, and i don't like how baby jogger did that gray with the red, too much going on color wise imo. hth!

FieryOne1231
05-19-2010, 05:33 PM
Yes, that does help. Thank you! Yeah, I ordered from diapers.com, but they called me today and told me they are actually out of stock in the red BJCM so I guess they just haven't updated on the site. I wouldn't be using it outside much. If anything, just sidewalks. Primarily, for errands and traveling.

jacksmoma
05-19-2010, 07:20 PM
alright, have to update! my kooper's right front wheel does NOT touch the ground making the stroller nearly impossible to push! very frustrating! returning to diapers.com- do not know now what i will be getting to replace it with...

Jennifer626
05-19-2010, 07:26 PM
Oh no! Could you have popped it on wrong?

When I was trying to re-assemble my Frog after a trip, I put the 2 front wheels in upside down...lol...I could NOT figure out how to get them in the righ way!

jacksmoma
05-19-2010, 08:11 PM
no, i tried to change them around :( back to my faithful ol' city mini! the kooper is cool but wow major lack of quality and the push was pretty bad...felt very very heavy and i only had my little 12 month old in it. too bad.

FieryOne1231
05-19-2010, 09:41 PM
Oh no...really? I was so excited with your positive review that I was considering getting it instead of the BJCM. Also, I've seen such positive reviews on BRU. Too bad...

FieryOne1231
05-19-2010, 09:42 PM
Is it possible you just got a bad one?

hapimommy
05-20-2010, 01:16 AM
Joovy's customer service is really awesome, I have a Joovy Zoom ATS and I was having problems with the front wheel, called them and the rep completely solved my problem. It works really well and I love the stroller and the quality and the customer service. You might want to call them before you give up on the Kooper completely, they might tell you what it is the second you tell them what is wrong.

jacksmoma
05-20-2010, 12:53 PM
I'm just going to return it- don't really want to deal with the problem. I might if the stroller pushed better- it just felt very very heavy to push, at least compared to my bjcm and bjcmd. Too bad, i was really excited about it!