PDA

View Full Version : Please help settle my indecisiveness

TwoBees
05-20-2010, 08:33 AM
I need help. I am the most indecisive person I know. I am on the verge of ordering the FY Indigo Stroller, and I think I can get a great price. The problem is, we don't need another stroller and we really don't need to spend the money (yes, I know, that's my answer right there, but it's not helping). We also have a Mac ET and a BJCM. DD is tiny so I know we will be able to use it for a while (she won't be outgrowing it any time soon). Here's what I've laid out so far:

Pros:
Parent facing feature
Can be used with car seat (so can my Mac ET)
Good canopy (BJCM has this too)

Cons:
Heavier than my other strollers
Bulkier fold than my other strollers
Plastic seat

DH has absolutely no idea why DD would want to face me. I tried to tell him so that I can talk to her and show her things, and his theory is that she won't be able to see thinks (ie, in front of me) because she is looking at me. Men! :6:

I know diapers.com has a great return policy, but I am a chronic buyer and returner.

That's my morning rant. Who wants to play psychologist?

babychi
05-20-2010, 08:53 AM
Personally, I think the FY Indigo and BJCM are somewhat one in the same, except that the Indigo is parent-facing. Neither are all-terrain strollers, both would work really well in places like malls, errands, etc. Are there different outings/events you see yourself using one over the other?

I ordered the FY Indigo and returned it yesterday. I think it is a fantastic stroller for the price, however, it's just not what we were looking for. I've come to realize I won't be satisfied until I get an AT reversible, but I live in an urban area and plan to use mine all over the neighborhood. We also have a Triumph for travel/car and a BOB Rev which we are selling because we've come to realize the parent-facing feature is so much more important to us than the few times we may jog with our DD when she is 1+.

I think parent-facing strollers are fabulous and I greatly underestimated my desire to have one before DD was born (she's now 5 mos). If that's important to you, I say go for it! :)

blackiris
05-20-2010, 09:18 AM
I know nothing about that stroller but just wanted to say that I am on my third child and first reversible stroller and I LOVE it! (I have a bug cameleon). It's absolutely wonderful being able to see and talk to your child while strolling and you can entertain them easier etc. My daughter is 5 months old and just loves looking at me and "talking" to me. She is so much happier than she was looking out. HTH. Good luck. :)

Jennifer626
05-20-2010, 01:15 PM
I just wanted to chime in and say that I loved having a reversible stroller for the first year of my DDs life...I had a Kolcraft Contours first, then sold that and bought a Bugaboo, and loved both of them. I think it's important to be able to see your baby, and for them to see you, the first year.

For me, I put up with bulky folds and heavy strollers, cause I really wanted reversible. Now that my DD is 14 months old, and i don't need reversible anymore, I just sold my Bugaboo and bought a BJCE, for the easy fold and parent/baby features.

jacksmoma
05-20-2010, 03:39 PM
I just wanted to chime in and say that I loved having a reversible stroller for the first year of my DDs life...I had a Kolcraft Contours first, then sold that and bought a Bugaboo, and loved both of them. I think it's important to be able to see your baby, and for them to see you, the first year.

For me, I put up with bulky folds and heavy strollers, cause I really wanted reversible. Now that my DD is 14 months old, and i don't need reversible anymore, I just sold my Bugaboo and bought a BJCE, for the easy fold and parent/baby features.

i did the same thing- had a bugaboo for the first 10 months then got a bjcm among many others!! sold it on CL for almost full price :)

MacMacMoo
05-20-2010, 03:48 PM
I would love to have a reversible stroller. However DS says very much other wise. He can't stand riding backwards at the store, I have to steer the buggy backwards or just bring in his stroller and balance his purchases on the hood of the stroller.

busymomma
05-20-2010, 05:17 PM
Sorry I am new to the abbreviations here- what is FY and BJCM? thanks

TwoBees
05-20-2010, 05:22 PM
Sorry I am new to the abbreviations here- what is FY and BJCM? thanks

First Years
Baby Jogger City Mini

Welcome!:wavey:

lareigna
05-20-2010, 09:42 PM
I need help. I am the most indecisive person I know. I am on the verge of ordering the FY Indigo Stroller, and I think I can get a great price. The problem is, we don't need another stroller and we really don't need to spend the money (yes, I know, that's my answer right there, but it's not helping). We also have a Mac ET and a BJCM. DD is tiny so I know we will be able to use it for a while (she won't be outgrowing it any time soon). Here's what I've laid out so far:

Pros:
Parent facing feature
Can be used with car seat (so can my Mac ET)
Good canopy (BJCM has this too)

Cons:
Heavier than my other strollers
Bulkier fold than my other strollers
Plastic seat

DH has absolutely no idea why DD would want to face me. I tried to tell him so that I can talk to her and show her things, and his theory is that she won't be able to see thinks (ie, in front of me) because she is looking at me. Men! :6:

I know diapers.com has a great return policy, but I am a chronic buyer and returner.

That's my morning rant. Who wants to play psychologist?

You and I are cut from the same cloth.......:hug5:

I'm all about doing whatever makes you happy..so I will enable you:

Research has shown positive effects on children who ride in rear-facing strollers. I personally feel the exact same way you do. I feel rear-facing strollers give me an opportunity to pay attention and interact more with my dd, especially on long outings. Nothing is wrong with wanting to interact with your baby and them have the assurance to look, talk, and be able to see your face!

Rear-facing strollers were so important to me that out of my now 5 strollers, 3 of them are reversible. Let's not even talk about what I have sold in order to get a new one because I got bored of it. I am a chronic buyer and reseller!

You should join Strollerswap if you want some enabling reassurances about having strollers you don't really need. And as for your hubby, tell him that as long as he has more than one pair of shoes, there is nothing wrong with having more than one stroller! Sometimes you need a sneaker, sometimes you'll need a sandal. Strollers apply to the same rules!

TwoBees
05-20-2010, 10:03 PM
You and I are cut from the same cloth.......:hug5:

I'm all about doing whatever makes you happy..so I will enable you:

Research has shown positive effects on children who ride in rear-facing strollers. I personally feel the exact same way you do. I feel rear-facing strollers give me an opportunity to pay attention and interact more with my dd, especially on long outings. Nothing is wrong with wanting to interact with your baby and them have the assurance to look, talk, and be able to see your face!

Rear-facing strollers were so important to me that out of my now 5 strollers, 3 of them are reversible. Let's not even talk about what I have sold in order to get a new one because I got bored of it. I am a chronic buyer and reseller!

You should join Strollerswap if you want some enabling reassurances about having strollers you don't really need. And as for your hubby, tell him that as long as he has more than one pair of shoes, there is nothing wrong with having more than one stroller! Sometimes you need a sneaker, sometimes you'll need a sandal. Strollers apply to the same rules!

:hug:

I love your shoe analogy. And, thanks to the May15 code, I bought the stroller. LOL. It will not arrive until next week though. I can't wait!