PDA

View Full Version : Rain Canopy

ryanmom
05-21-2010, 09:26 AM
Do people use the rain canopy for their stroller? I share a babysitter with a friend-- we have a double stroller for the sitter share and I'm wondering if I should buy a rain canopy for the stroller... (it is a baby jogger city classic double).

Smillow
05-21-2010, 11:46 AM
I've only used mine once (Maclaren Global) while I was travelling in DC & wanted to get to a Museum on a sleety/snowy cold day - kept my son dry & warm! I think it probably works best in the cold vs the heat (too steamy, I'd imagine).

WatchingThemGrow
05-21-2010, 11:52 AM
Yeah, it would depend on your climate and how much they'll be out walking. Since I SAH, I can decide that on rainy days we just stay home. We don't have one.

Multimama
05-21-2010, 12:28 PM
We have a rain canopy and use it all the time because we don't have a car. If you live in a place where people drive everywhere it probably isn't necessary.

Eris1995
05-21-2010, 01:25 PM
We don't have one and I've never felt like we needed one.

stonecali
05-21-2010, 01:33 PM
We have never used ours for rain, but we do use it on windy days. It is so warm and cozy in there when mommy is fighting the wind!

Suzanne74
05-21-2010, 02:10 PM
I think it is a necessity if you do not have a car and live in the city and if you HAVE to be outside during those days (no backyard and must walk the dog, must walk older kids to school) then it would work but otherwise I wouldn't buy it.

I have one for my Maclaren and used it during the crazy periods of rain in Orlando. Never used it besides that.

Now a bug canopy - I ALWAYS use that. We have tons of mosquitos, nats, ticks, bees etc... here and unless it is just a quick walk in open area, I almost always put a bug/sun canopy on. Well worth the money. The one for BABY JOGGER goes all the way down past the foot base so it works for older kids too.