PDA

View Full Version : What's in your backyard?

the2bobs
05-21-2010, 04:09 PM
I have 2 boys--2.5 yrs and 8.5 mos. DS1 is insanely active and doesn't stay easily entertained. DS2 is still too young to play with him (and DS1 is really rough w/ him). We're not looking at putting a play set in the backyard yet, maybe next yr. So for this year, we're thinking of a sandbox and what else? What keeps your kids busy out back?

wellyes
05-21-2010, 04:15 PM
Sandbox, water tower, 2 slides (both hand-me-downs), a swing hung off of a tree branch and a Little Tikes shopping cart for collecting sticks.

WatchingThemGrow
05-21-2010, 04:25 PM
play-a-round lookout (http://www.cedarworks.com/product/view/lookout playset) - we got it when DD was 13-14m, and it has been GREAT to have it from the very beginning. Not only did it provide a place for us to swing and slide her, but it made a good place for friends to gather with our kids. Otherwise, we wouldn't have seen them quite as much. Also, our set went up $500 in a year or two. I'd buy now for those reasons.
Little Tikes Town Center Playhouse (http://www.littletikes.com/toys/6-in-1-town-center-playhouse.aspx) - found a 20% off sale, 20% off coupon, plus bday gift cards made it $80 out of pocket for us. We love that it can open up and have a lot more kids playing in it.
Step2 sand and water table - adult chairs around it
then, our "garage" (brown tarp covering plastic stuff) has 2 cozy coupes, John Deere pedal tractor, LT small tractor, 2 used Kettlers, 1 tandem Kettler, play tunnel, LT hard pool w/built in slide, LT picnic table,
In the shed - balance bikes, Kettler with air tires, 16" bike (brand new this week), the 4pk of playground balls from TRU. They LOVE them. Also, toss across, Tball set. Maybe there's more, but you get the idea - a ton of plastic. OH...and a nice set of adult furniture so we can sit down while they play!

With the playset, you can put the baby in the swing and play more with the older one. Also, I forgot about the blankets and leap frog table for the baby, plus the tiny steps walker so the baby has a safe place to hang out when he needs it. Also, we have a PackNPlay Sport as a safe place for baby also.

SnuggleBuggles
05-21-2010, 04:27 PM
Playhouse from Costco and sand+ water table and things like trucks and balls.

Beth

zag95
05-21-2010, 04:57 PM
A larger little tikes slide and Fisher price picnic table (adjustable) that were free from friends

A Little Tikes wavy climber that was a steal off of CL

A couple of Tonka trucks (really cheap from Sears post X-mas sale) and gift

Sometimes the Schwinn trike comes out when It's not raining! spinning color wheels from the dollar store stuck in the ground
Bubbles!

All for DD who is 2.25 yrs old!

katydid1971
05-21-2010, 05:19 PM
Little tykes slide, costco playhouse from last year, step 2 water table, this fisher price cool bucket toy that fills from the bottom, a hole in the fence that leads to the neighbors costco playset ;), balls, those padded flying disks from Target, sprinklers, an inflatable pool, big plastic trucks from target, a trike, stomp rockets, bubbles, a play lawn mower, several watering cans, little snoopy golf clubs and a big deck box to throw almost everything into when we're done.

kristac
05-21-2010, 06:58 PM
Sandbox, water tower, 2 slides (both hand-me-downs), a swing hung off of a tree branch and a Little Tikes shopping cart for collecting sticks.

What is a water tower? Pic? Link?

ourbabygirl
05-21-2010, 10:00 PM
DD is 19 months, and I'd LOVE an outdoor play set for her, but we just re-did our deck and put in a patio, so that sucked up all our money for now. ;)
We have

*one of those red & yellow plastic Fisher Price baby swings that hangs from the deck,
*a little plastic kiddy pool ($10 or less); too small for her now, but the water heats up more quickly than the water in the
*bigger square pool (about 8'x8'), inflatable plastic, from Target. Just bought it a few days ago, so I'm excited to use it this weekend!
*Cozy Coupe
*Naturally Playful Sand & Water table (lots of people here have it; DD loves it)
*a Kangaroo Climber I bought last summer off CL, but DD doesn't use it, so I'm going to resell it
*various little toys to go with these (squishy balls & frisbee that can go in the water, tennis balls, etc.)

I'm trying so hard to stay away from all the plastic, but it's almost impossible!

kijip
05-22-2010, 12:56 AM
Water table thingy. 3 garden beds (small ones- 4X4), a patio and bbq area. It's a tiny yard. Thinking about a small sandbox. We have a beach ball sprinkler in the summer.