PDA

View Full Version : My BJCM arrived today!

Sidney
05-21-2010, 07:52 PM
My BJCM arrived today from Diapers.com. Hubby and I took it out for a spin and it's nice! The fold is great and it pushes easily. Between this and our Uppbaby Vista, I believe our stroller needs will be met.

I'll be returning our Triumph to BRU. I much prefer the BJCM to the Mac.

Hubby thinks it's silly to have 2 strollers, but oh well! :wink2:

lorinick
05-21-2010, 11:10 PM
Congrats. I love my Mini as well. And never use my Quest anymore. I don't miss it either.

poohbear
05-22-2010, 12:15 AM
Yay! I much prefer my BJCM to my Mac too (though find many uses for the Mac, for every day use, I just like the BJCM better). Enjoy it! :)
BTW - tell hubby that most of the people on this board have FAR more than 2 strollers! I think there's a thread about it somewhere on here...

jacksmoma
05-22-2010, 12:27 PM
imo a mac does not even compare to a mini...i could see how a mac would be great if you needed to carry it on pt, but for a suburban errand running momma, the mini cannot be beat! that huge hood here in so. cal is the best :) i just LOVE my bjcm too!

Sidney
05-24-2010, 12:03 AM
The BJCM is perfect for us. We don't use public transportation so that's no issue. The only time would be be for the T in Boston, but we only use that very seldomly. We always drive/walk in Beantown.

I feel kind of uncomfortable now about our strollers. We live in an area where the vast majority of people have very low end strollers. In fact, I have NEVER once seen a Bug, Stokke, Orbit, Uppa, or any other higher end stroller here. When I go out in public with our Vista, people look at it all puzzled. I never heard of these brands myself until my sister who lives in Boston showed them to me and I never looked back. I HAAAAD to own a Vista LOL!

People were asking hubby at work about our "orange stroller" (which is our Vista) that they saw on Facebook with our son in it. Apparently someone Googled the brand and saw the cost and felt the need to share it. When they found out we were getting a 2nd stroller (BJCM) they thought it was ridiculous. I don't care what they think, but it bugs me that they judge me on the fact that we have 2 strollers. Hubby does Ironman triathlon races and has a $6000 bicycle, so $1000 in strollers is nothing compared to that. People don't understand this but I'm to the point where I don't care.

satchnbucky
05-24-2010, 07:14 AM
This is how I think of it with your strollers - instead of buying two cheapie strollers which will be worth nothing when you're done with them, you bought two high-end strollers (I'm assuming both were good deals since you're on these boards :) which both also have good resale value, thus making your cost of ownership virtually the same (okay, maybe not the same, but close). And BTW, I was in Boston (proper) a few weeks ago and all I saw were Bugs, Vistas, P&Ts, BJCEs, Macs, and BJCMs! (I was visiting a friend who in her not so large place houses a Bug, BJCM, and a Mac!). Don't worry about it :)

purpelina
05-24-2010, 10:04 AM
I feel kind of uncomfortable now about our strollers. We live in an area where the vast majority of people have very low end strollers. In fact, I have NEVER once seen a Bug, Stokke, Orbit, Uppa, or any other higher end stroller here. When I go out in public with our Vista, people look at it all puzzled. I never heard of these brands myself until my sister who lives in Boston showed them to me and I never looked back. I HAAAAD to own a Vista LOL!

P

I moved to similar area, and I'm sure people were talking about my strollers, especially since I change them once in a while as well (sell one, get another - fancy etc). The nicest stroller I see around is a bob. Saw a bug once, and a bee twice.

Anyway, I think you choose functionality and comfort for yourself and for your lo. You pay some for it, but so what?

I know a woman here, who has 3 children, and she uses a cheap beaten up umbrella with her 3rd, that she probably bought for the first. Nothing wrong with it per se. But I can see it's hard to push, there's no canopy, and she always puts her 8 mo in there so that sun gets into his eyes. He looks slumped and not very comfortable. He is a very easy going baby, and does not complain much, but when I see this I start feeling as if I'm slumped in the stroller, and my back hurts.

On the other side, they don't seem to go for long walks or run many errands with stroller, they drive everywhere.

I still would choose a nicer stroller over a regular stroller anyday. If I can afford it of course. But also I keep thinking, that time will go by, my children grow up, and I never tried a bug? (or vista or [insert stroller brand here] NOOOO! Havta have it!