PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations for a sports bra for nursing mom?

ThreeofUs
05-22-2010, 08:14 PM
I'm still nursing DS2, which means (for me, at least) my upper body is bigger and my breasts floppier than my sports bras will accommodate.

And I really regret to say that any exercise more strenuous than a gentle walk makes me feel like I'm flapping. In fact, I was jumping rope earlier today with DS1 and not only felt hugely out of shape, but couldn't believe the motion on my front.

All this is to say I need a good sports bra that won't cause clogged ducts.

Anyone with a recommendation?

TIA.

SnuggleBuggles
05-22-2010, 09:31 PM
I didn't worry about clogged ducts after those first few engorged weeks/ months and was able to wear regular sports bras. Any chance that route would be worth a gamble or are you really prone to clogs?

Beth

twowhat?
05-22-2010, 09:44 PM
You're not talking about a sports bra that you can actually nurse in, are you? Just one to hold in the floppy girls?

If so, Lululemon's Ta Ta Tamer CHANGED MY LIFE!!! It is pricey, but totally worth it. I use it as a regular bra but I could totally jump rope with it and it holds everything in, rock solid!

http://shop.lululemon.com/Ta_Ta_Tamer/pd/c/520/np/520/p/1642.html

ThreeofUs
05-22-2010, 09:50 PM
Unfortunately, I think I'm prone on one side. Every time I wore my GlamourMom tanks I'd get a clog. Needless to say, I wore them a max of 3 times each before I finally learned!

Thanks, twowhat?, I'll take a look at the lululemon. Just want something to hold the girls in place.

ShanaMama
05-26-2010, 10:10 PM
You're not talking about a sports bra that you can actually nurse in, are you? Just one to hold in the floppy girls?

If so, Lululemon's Ta Ta Tamer CHANGED MY LIFE!!! It is pricey, but totally worth it. I use it as a regular bra but I could totally jump rope with it and it holds everything in, rock solid!

http://shop.lululemon.com/Ta_Ta_Tamer/pd/c/520/np/520/p/1642.html

I just have to say that those bras are worth checking out for the name alone! I am ROFL. I'm also looking for good sports bras so I'll check out lululemon.

Eta: holy cow $58?! For a sports bra? That's equal to or more than I pay for my high quality underwires. Yikes.

egoldber
05-27-2010, 06:44 AM
I would just wear them when you exercise and change out of them right away.

twowhat?
05-27-2010, 02:25 PM
Eta: holy cow $58?! For a sports bra? That's equal to or more than I pay for my high quality underwires. Yikes.

That's what I said. But after trying them on I nearly cried - I had been looking forever for a bra that would work for post-breastfeeding-twins boobs. These are amazing. And I bought *gasp* two of them. At regular price. I need to get a couple more so I can rotate them through our laundry. I don't miss my underwires!! (Probably cuz I could never find any that fit well).

viba424
05-27-2010, 02:38 PM
There have got to be some on sale though...in the stores for sure. Surely you could find something :bighand:

twowhat?
05-27-2010, 04:42 PM
There have got to be some on sale though...in the stores for sure. Surely you could find something :bighand:

You must let me know if you see them on sale. I checked the stores and online - nothing on sale!