PDA

View Full Version : Do all BJCMs get filthy?

arivecchi
05-22-2010, 10:48 PM
OMG, I just saw my neighbor's BJCM up close today. The footwell area is beyond gross. She has a cream/bgray colored one I think so maybe it really shows the dirt. Do all BJCMs have this problem? I would have to stop recommending them if they all do.

poohbear
05-22-2010, 11:56 PM
I think maybe it depends on the color (and maybe the owner). My friend has a black one (I do too). She has had it since they first came out and uses it constantly and it does not look dirty at all. In fact her stroller looks brand new!

WatchingThemGrow
05-23-2010, 07:24 AM
My lightly used orange one looks dirtier than my black elite.

arivecchi
05-23-2010, 10:14 AM
Sounds like black might be the best choice then if getting a BJCM. Thanks!

chays
05-23-2010, 10:37 AM
The fabric comes off so you CAN wash it!

WatchingThemGrow
05-23-2010, 10:40 AM
Sounds like black might be the best choice then if getting a BJCM. Thanks! Who is doing that?

jacksmoma
05-23-2010, 10:51 AM
my black one never got dirty....

poohbear
05-23-2010, 12:56 PM
I don't know. I have a black one, but I would say to get the color you like best. As PP said, the cover is washable. I think all strollers are going to get dirty with use, especially in the footwell area. Kind of the nature of the beast, but with routine maintenance, it should be okay. I think your friend's stone one is probably the most prone to looking dirty just because it's such a light color to begin with. No matter the color, I wouldn't let the footwell issue stop you from recommending it, it's still an awesome stroller!

jacksmoma
05-23-2010, 01:28 PM
i always wash mine every few months (take off wheels and wash, wipe down frame, wipe off fabric or you could hose it off)...black is the way to go to hide dirt for sure!

vonfirmath
05-23-2010, 03:55 PM
My red one is fine.

arivecchi
05-23-2010, 08:07 PM
Who is doing that? :confused:

Are you asking if I am getting one? I am not. I just want to know what to recommend to friends.

arivecchi
05-23-2010, 08:08 PM
I think all strollers are going to get dirty with use, especially in the footwell area. None of my strollers have dirty footwells as they are plastic or metal. That is why I was so shocked!

Melbel
05-23-2010, 08:31 PM
Our green one still looks great after 1.5 years of heavy use. It is nice to know that it can be washed if necessary.

FieryOne1231
05-23-2010, 10:53 PM
Although I've never owned a BJCM...yet, at least :p...I read in one of the reviews that you have to be careful of the color choice because I think the green/gray and some of the other colors have a lighter color where the footrest is, but the black and the crimson/grey ones are the better color choices to get because the area where the feet are is black. That's what I remember reading at least.

poohbear
05-23-2010, 11:02 PM
None of my strollers have dirty footwells as they are plastic or metal. That is why I was so shocked!

Ah, how funny - my main strollers have fabric-ish footwells (BJCM, P&T). What does the BJCE have?

arivecchi
05-24-2010, 11:08 AM
Here's a pic of the stroller in question.

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_jTwukNHSd64/S_nlR87j_SI/AAAAAAAAA0w/63l6rPl5Cz4/s512/IMG_2392.JPG

My Valco had a metal footwell. My BJCCD has a plastic footwell. You just wipe them when they get dirty and they are as good as new. A fabric footwell would drive me insane!

Suzanne74
05-24-2010, 11:32 AM
But the black and dark ones DO get dirty, you just can't see it.

Does that part come off to wash? The Bob had a fabric footrest too which annoyed me. It makes these strollers lightweight though but it comes at a cost.

The BJCE has a leg extender that is fabric, attaches to the seat cover and comes off for wash but the footwell is black plastic and is easy to clean.

Jelly Bean
05-24-2010, 11:33 AM
I have had great luck (and tell all my friends to do this) - take the stroller outside, scrub all the fabric down with one of those scrubber brushes with a handle on it and gentle dish detergent (like something you wash your tires and rims with when you wash your car), hose it off and let it dry in the sun. It's perfect with fabric like what is on the mini.

Voila!

arivecchi
05-24-2010, 11:46 AM
But the black and dark ones DO get dirty, you just can't see it. My thoughts exactly. A black cover would at least hide it, but yeah the dirt will still be there. This is my beef with Bobs too. The footwell looks gross after a while.

MacMacMoo
05-24-2010, 12:09 PM
We got our stone elite in on Friday. We went walking on the nautre trails over the weekend, and the stroller got really dirty since DS was climbing in and out with muddy shoes. It was easy to clean off though, just a quick wipe down. I'm thinking of sewing a seat cover, we'll see if I ever get around to it.

PRmommy
05-24-2010, 12:50 PM
I've never seen a Mini THAT dirty. That's disgusting.
The fabric is so easy to clean and the seats there's no reason for it to look that bad unless it's never been maintained. Also the fabric easily comes off the frame so you can throw it in the washing machine.

(No offense towards your friend - that's just one gross stroller no matter what brand it was)

arivecchi
05-24-2010, 12:57 PM
(No offense towards your friend - that's just one gross stroller no matter what brand it was) No offense taken. :) She is my neighbor, not my friend. ;)

jacksmoma
05-24-2010, 03:14 PM
wipes do wonders on baby jogger's fabric...or if it's beyond that throw it in the washer and line dry!