PDA

View Full Version : When did you sell your Ergo and for how much?

arivecchi
05-22-2010, 10:54 PM
I have an Ergo in awesome condition with the insert that I don't use much anymore. Should I sell it now that DS2 is 16 months old? We are not planning on traveling this summer and don't use it much at home.

How much did you sell for? With or without insert?

mommylamb
05-23-2010, 07:59 AM
We still used our ergo with DS until he was over 2 years old, so if I were you I would hang on to it for a bit longer (unless you really don't use it at all). Haven't sold ours yet because I'm still hoping we have a second at some point. I bet a gently used one would go in the $80 range, but I haven't searched it out.

wellyes
05-23-2010, 08:48 AM
If you don't use it, may as well sell it - but - I did use mine quite a bit even after DD was mobile. I still keep it in my car and use it once in a while and DD is a (very small) 27 months. Plus I'm keeping it for #2 on the way.

I think the price you get depends on color and style (organic, regular, sport etc) but in general $80 is about right. $75 without insert.

I sold one at a babywearer swap meeting. Assuming that's not an option for you, I'd try Craigslist first since that's free. After that, thebabywearer.com has a FSOT board where Ergos are a very hot commodity. The only disadvantage of that is that people there pay the same as they would on Craigslist but you'll have to deal wtih paypal fees and shipping (probably $10ish).

arivecchi
05-23-2010, 10:00 AM
Thanks. I really like it but have not used it since we went to see my mom in January. I have a camel one with the camel insert so I think it should sell quickly. Argh! I dunno! We mostly use the strollers.

SnuggleBuggles
05-23-2010, 10:03 AM
I'd keep it through the summer (and maybe even longer) in case some good hiking or fairs come up where it'd be much easier to wear than carry or push. I am keeping my Beco through this summer for that reason.

Beth

arivecchi
05-23-2010, 10:13 AM
Great point Beth. That makes sense.

Swimfreak78
05-23-2010, 03:44 PM
DS is 24 months old -- I thought our Ergo days were over until recently when he got really sick and wanted to be held all the time. I'm so glad I held onto it. I keep mine in the car for times when the stroller isn't convenient.

swissair81
06-23-2010, 03:23 PM
Just be careful with the selling. Ergo has a membership to ebay & they 'police' the site & accuse people of copyright infractions by trying to use their name & being an unauthorized seller. It happened to me. I had to take my pictures down & email them on request & other convoluted things, so Ergo would stop stalking me.

arivecchi
06-23-2010, 03:32 PM
Thanks. I will probably sell it on CL. They fly off CL here.

arivecchi
06-29-2010, 01:10 PM
Since I am stroller maniac, I have only used my strollers this summer. How much would you list an Ergo with insert for on CL?

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&q=ergo+in+camel&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=15106639791300813200&ei=ySgqTOPyMsGclgfTmt2oBA&sa=X&oi=product_catalog_result&ct=image&resnum=3&ved=0CBsQ8gIwAg#

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=ergo+insert+in+camel&hl=en&cid=13477919528867135130&ei=3CgqTIzhGY2Ulwekq8DuDw&sa=title&ved=0CBAQ8wIwAjgA#p

jerigirl
06-29-2010, 01:24 PM
In my area they seem to list for around $80 (not with insert) +/- about $10.

AnnieW625
07-07-2010, 04:51 PM
I have an Ergo in awesome condition with the insert that I don't use much anymore. Should I sell it now that DS2 is 16 months old? We are not planning on traveling this summer and don't use it much at home.

How much did you sell for? With or without insert?

I'd keep it a little while longer, just in case, but when I was looking at them in early 2008 they were going for about $80 to $100 on Craigslist or Ebay. I didn't get into baby wearing at all until DD1 was over 18 mos. old. I bought my Beco carrier (back carry is similar to the Ergo) because one time DH's car battery died and he didn't have a stroller for his car so he ended up walking the mile plus from the garage to our house and back to the garage with DD1 on his shoulders or back. DH actually then started using the Beco for walks with DD1 and the dog and he loved it.