PDA

View Full Version : Summer Boden dress-can it be all-season?

SammyeGail
05-23-2010, 04:04 AM
I have this dress in the MAG, OMG it is so comfortable, it makes me look like I have a waist line and covers my twin tummy like nothing else I have ever owned!

I could wear this all day and then sleep in it at night, lol!

With this special going on, I really want to get another, the MBL-blue.

What I was wondering if paired with the right cardigan, do you think it could be carried off being worn all-season? To me the colors look great, I really wish the cream cashmere cardi wasn't sold out, but I think it can be done. Found a cute oatmeal cardi, but only one left was one size too large and reviews complained about it running large.

I just wanted some other opinions before I do this, its going to be an expensive purchase! I live in the South so while it does eventually get cold down here, I'd wear cropped leggings under it ;), I just want another one of these sooooo bad!!

Also, if anyone is considering it, you have to get it! In the model pics the wind must be really blowing, the dress looks more like non-model pics.

Thanks!

WatchingThemGrow
05-23-2010, 07:15 AM
Which dress? I have the Essential Summer Dress in med blue. I cannot believe how much I love it. Wore it yesterday for DD's party and another 4yo party. I wish I liked the other colors as much, b/c I would enjoy a second one. Love the pockets!

SammyeGail
05-23-2010, 08:23 AM
I can't believe I forgot to add a link, LOL!

http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Womens-Dresses/Below-Knee-Dresses/WH206/Womens-Appliqu%C3%A9-Maxi-Dress.html?NavGroupID=4

g-mama
05-23-2010, 08:46 AM
What kind of shoes do you see yourself wearing with it? That's the thing, IMO. I'm thinking it won't work, but maybe others have an idea of how it could.

viba424
05-25-2010, 04:45 PM
Its a tough call...it never hurts to give it a try, especially since you live in a more mild climate. If you just give it a rest around the holidays you should be fine! :yay: I wouldnt go so far as to put them with leggings or boots, but a nice cardi and some flats would probably look cute. Probably the dots are more versatile than floral.

SammyeGail
05-25-2010, 05:28 PM
Its a tough call...it never hurts to give it a try, especially since you live in a more mild climate. If you just give it a rest around the holidays you should be fine! :yay: I wouldnt go so far as to put them with leggings or boots, but a nice cardi and some flats would probably look cute. Probably the dots are more versatile than floral.

Thanks! Its the blue one I want ;). I was thinking leggings that came right below your knees for warmth, then some trouser socks. I'm not into the binding feel of tights :eek:. I would use trouser socks that looked like tights, no stripes or anything ;).

G-Mama got me really stuck on shoes, not these from Boden (too $$) but something like them I think would look nice:

http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Womens-Shoes/Flats/AR416/Womens-Patent-Ballet-Flats.html?NavGroupID=134

I'm all about comfort when it comes to shoes, but I could do the ballet flats, maybe get some gel inserts. Maybe these will be discounted alot at the EOS sale! I'm boring and like the brown.