PDA

View Full Version : Recommend your high chair please....

happymom
05-23-2010, 01:47 PM
So my high chair saga continues....for those of you that remember, we were unhappy with our FP Healthy Care high chair...I spoke to CS and they are giving me a full refund once I return the seat of the chair to them. We did some research and bought the Boon Flair (I posted about my great diapers.com deal) as a replacement. Buuuut, we are not happy with that either! I'm starting to wonder if we're just being too picky.

I want a high chair that:

- glides around easily
- has a decent size tray
-adjustable height
-EASY TO CLEAN
- tray covers would be nice

We love the easy glide and easy clean of the Boon. But the tray is so small and so low that DD has difficulty eating from it and makes a HUGE mess every time. She ends up with more food in her lap than her mouth sometimes.

I know many of you recommend the FP Booster but we really want a high chair with wheels that can be easily moved around our DR and kitchen area. TIA!!

SnuggleBuggles
05-23-2010, 01:57 PM
I was happy with our Baby Trend. We had the one with a fabric pad and found that most of the time we could just wipe off the crumbs from the seat and get away with washing sporadically. I preferred the cloth cover over vinyl b/c it seemed more comfortable- it was worth the extra occasional cleaning steps, imo.

Beth

Momof3Labs
05-23-2010, 03:29 PM
Is it worth the energy to hunt for a new high chair at this age? My boys both boycotted the high chair by around 18 months, and moved to the Kinderzeat (tripp trapp). It doesn't have wheels but is easy to move between rooms.

If you must stay with a high chair, I've been reasonably content with our Gracos that we bought for the girls (we had and hated a Peg Perego and Chicco).

swissair81
05-23-2010, 07:04 PM
I currently have a Graco Blossom (I traded in my FP Healthy Care for this) & the Kinderzeat (precursor to the Tripp-Trapp).

zag95
05-23-2010, 07:06 PM
I own both the Health care HC Rainforest pattern, and the FP Healthy care booster seat- both have been great! We are now using the booster- as DD likes being more with us!

HannaAddict
06-10-2010, 05:09 PM
I currently have a Graco Blossom (I traded in my FP Healthy Care for this) & the Kinderzeat (precursor to the Tripp-Trapp).

Do you like your Blossom? I was all set to like the Boon or the Peg Perego Tatamia but went high chair shopping and in trying them out, the Blossom seemed better in many respects. No reviews on Baby Gizmo or BB Book so would love real life feedback. I don't like the FP versions for aesthetic reasons (shallow I know!) but wonder if the Graco hurts wood floors and has held up okay.

TIA!

swissair81
06-10-2010, 06:16 PM
Do you like your Blossom? I was all set to like the Boon or the Peg Perego Tatamia but went high chair shopping and in trying them out, the Blossom seemed better in many respects. No reviews on Baby Gizmo or BB Book so would love real life feedback. I don't like the FP versions for aesthetic reasons (shallow I know!) but wonder if the Graco hurts wood floors and has held up okay.

TIA!

I posted an answer to your question on the thread you started about the Blossom before I saw this post. In short, yes I like it. I would have bought another FP, if not for the lousy patterns. I was pretty happy with it. I would have bought a Zen chair, but TRU didn't carry it & I got 20% off for swapping my old highchair.