PDA

View Full Version : Feeling Cheated...

randomkid
05-23-2010, 10:46 PM
DH has been gone for 9 days and will be home tomorrow. DSD1 has only been home briefly while he has been gone - has mostly been at her Mom's since her friends are home from college and live in that area. To be honest, I was looking forward to some time alone, just me and DD. I've really needed a break from cleaning up after everyone, doing laundry, cooking, etc. I figured I'd have a week to just worry about DD and myself. But, noooOOOOooo...

First, I found moths in the pantry - took me 2 days to totally clean it out and put everything back. During my second day of cleaning the pantry, I found our third plumbing leak. We were planning to repipe when DH got back, but I had to go ahead and call the plumber and get it done (either that or pay to fix the leak just to have them come back later), followed by drywallers coming to make repairs. I had to take everything out of our Master bedroom closet, out from under the kitchen sink and the vanities in all 3 bathrooms. I had stuff piled up so high in the master bedroom, I could hardly get in there. I've been sleeping in the guest room. Now, I've been working on getting it all put back. Poor DD has hardly had any time with me at all. I feel so guilty for plopping her in front of the TV so much this past week, but I really had no choice. To top it off, when they disconnected my sink faucet, it basically fell apart and they couldn't fix it. So, I've had to fight with Price Pfister to get a replacement since it supposedly has a lifetime warranty. I've been using the bathroom sink to rinse dishes, get water for the kitchen, etc. Still waiting on my replacement faucet to get here! Oh yeah, my parents are also out of town, so I've had to go to their house a couple of times and check on things there. In addition to all this, we had everything out of our wall unit because we had to move it to have U-verse installed. I was planning on going through everything while DH was gone and reorganizing the DVDs, CDs, video games, etc. Half of it is still in boxes on the floor.

Everything was covered in dust from the drywall, so I actually hired someone to come in and clean. I figured I deserved it. I have only run the dishwasher twice and have only had 5 loads of laundry total in the past 9 days. Life would have been so easy had all this other cr@p not happened! I really wanted my break from everything and now it's over and I'm still working!

I'm trying to get everything done before DH gets home because he has not been off having fun somewhere. FIL passed away last year and DH just spent the week cleaning out FIL's house and signed papers today to sell it. It's been a very exhausting, emotional week for DH, so I've tried to just handle everything here. BTW, he is bringing home a small trailer FULL of stuff :banghead: including a piano. I'm thrilled to have the piano (it's really the only thing of FIL's that I wanted), but we have nowhere to put it and I haven't had time to make a place for it. That was also in my plan for this week - would have taken me only one day to do that.

So, enough of my venting. If you made it this far, thank you for listening. I want my week back!!! :gloomy::crying:

ETA: Through all of this, I have been working - ugh!

WatchingThemGrow
05-23-2010, 11:27 PM
:hug: Your week has been crazy! I've been thinking about your moths constantly..did you kick them out?

Kymberley
05-23-2010, 11:36 PM
:hug: Oh. My. Word. You are Super Woman. Seriously. I'd be in a straight jacket. I'm sorry your week was so awful though, I really am.

ShanaMama
05-23-2010, 11:44 PM
:hug: Oh. My. Word. You are Super Woman. Seriously. I'd be in a straight jacket. I'm sorry your week was so awful though, I really am.

ITA. You are allowed to complain. Your post is enough to make my head spin, let alone living it. Being home during any kind of home repair is hard and it sounds like you won the jackpot.

MamaMolly
05-24-2010, 12:06 AM
Yeowza, Mama! That is one heck of a week. I'm so sorry it turned out like that. :( Booo! At least you have a lovely piano to look forward to. That will be a nice thing (in a few days, right?) Hugs! :grouphug:

Tondi G
05-24-2010, 01:13 AM
OH WOW! I am sorry it all happened at once... that sucks! Just when you thought you would have a nice mellow week with your kiddo ... WHAM! Well hopefully you can get it in some kind of order before your DH gets home.... if not I'm sure he'll understand, it's just been one of those weeks.

randomkid
05-24-2010, 08:41 PM
Been working on the house all day and am still not done! But, I will say it is getting much better. If I could get the carpet in the Master closet stretched and cleaned, I could get everything back in there. Yeah, one of our leaks soaked the master bedroom closet, so everything that was on the floor was already out. I just had to get all the clothes and most of the shelves out for the repipe. All that is back, but shoes, etc are still all over the bedroom. DH isn't home yet, delayed a day due to stopping to visit his cousin and Grandmother, who is 101yo btw! I have to work tomorrow, but am hoping to get home early enough to do some more. I just want things in order when DH gets home because he is bringing so much with him. Trying to convince him to get a storage unit - he gets a month free with the U-haul rental. That way, we can clean out the garage and attic to make room for all this stuff he brought home that we don't need.

Oh, and the worst part in all this? When I'm cleaning up after the repipe and drywall repairs, I keep finding more things that need to be done! I already have a long list of stuff that DH and I need to get to around here. How does it all build up so fast?!? Argghh!!!! Now, I'm feeling cheated AND overwhelmed!