PDA

View Full Version : "Bacne"

luckytwenty
05-24-2010, 11:32 AM
Thank goodness my face was spared, but my back is a mess. It's absolutely disgusting. I don't think a centimeter of skin has been spared! Anyone else have this problem? Any safe-for-pregnancy remedies?

newg
05-24-2010, 12:02 PM
I have it on my chest and back and face..........not tooooo bad in any one area, but I feel like a teenager again.

I normaly use Aveeno products for acne (Clear Complextion I think) on my face and I've started to use it on my chest area as well. It seems to make a little difference. Not sure if they have an actual body wash though.
I also got a sample of Bare Minerals new acne product.....but got tired of putting a dab on each individual spot.

jennilynn
05-24-2010, 03:37 PM
I stopped eating milk and cheese, and that seems to be helping a lot. Something about those foods clashed with the pregnancy hormones, I think.

luckytwenty
05-24-2010, 03:41 PM
Interesting...I can't get enough dairy these days!

What are you eating if you aren't getting any milk and cheese to make sure you get all that extra calcium? Soy milk instead?

jennilynn
05-24-2010, 03:44 PM
I do soy milk once a day, but no more than that because I worry about the estrogen. I take a coral calcium supplement daily. I also eat greek yogurt and cream cheese, so I haven't given up all dairy. And salmon. I swear it makes my babies smart :D

DrSally
05-24-2010, 03:45 PM
Is it oily. I wonder if a milk of magnesia "mask" on your back would be ok (it's supposed to work on acne). I knew someone who had the clearest, most beautiful skin, and she broke out horribly during preg. It's temporary, but I felt bad for her.

salsah
05-25-2010, 12:45 AM
if it's because of the pregnancy, then it's caused by hormones which means that there is little that you can do for it.
as far as products, check w/ your doctor to see if these are safe to use during pregnancy: glycolic acid, salysilic acid, and benzoyl peroxide.

with regards to diet, the following are commonly cited as foods that exacerbate acne:
dairy
caffeine
chocolate
shell fish
acidic foods
strawberries
soy

luckytwenty
05-25-2010, 12:09 PM
I'm getting in a normal amount of dairy for a pregnant woman, but have an aversion to chocolate and coffee and am not eating much of the other foods, either. I had a really clear complexion before being pregnant so this must be 100% hormones! I'll ask about the acne treatments at my next appointment. Thanks!

salsah
05-25-2010, 03:31 PM
i've heard that organic milk has lower iodine levels than non-organic. (iodine may make acne worse.) i know that starbucks' milk makes me breakout. as does the organic milk from costco (i think it's organic valley).

OctoberMommy2010
06-01-2010, 02:11 PM
I feel like I've been reunited with a long, lost sister. :wink2: I also have bacne and it's making me so sad. I want to wear cute tops and dresses, because I am dying in this heat; however, I don't want to gross out those around me! I have a clear complexion, especially when it comes to my back -so I have definitely chalked this up to hormones. I was, however, going to bring it up at my next appointment. Until then, know that you are not alone! Bring on the cardigans... lightweight of course!

luckytwenty
06-01-2010, 03:31 PM
Checked with my OB, and she said any over the counter acne creams were safe to use. I've been putting spots of Clean & Clear on my back at night, and it's helped a little. Unfortunately every time a zit goes away, another giant red one appears! And I smell oh-so-lovely to my husband, wearing eau de acne to bed!