PDA

View Full Version : I'm an idiot!

LarsMal
05-24-2010, 01:02 PM
I had written a post last week that I fell down the stairs and hurt my tailbone. That was last Friday. By Wednesday I was feeling a bit better so I went out for a walk/run. I felt okay when I was out exercising, and then not so good once I stopped. This past weekend I was feeling a little better again, still not perfect. We took the kids bowling on Saturday and I way overdid it helping them and bowling a little myself. DS had ice skating lessons yesterday and wanted to go back for open skate. He really doesn't need me on the ice anymore, but M wanted to skate, too. She *can* skate, but of course chose to be difficult and, well, I ended up looking like some horrible "stage mom" out there, barking orders to get up off the ice and do it herself. It had nothing to do with making my 3.5 yo a perfect figure skater! I was in so much pain I *couldn't* help her. I finally made her get off the ice. I got some looks for that, too! I wanted to announce- My A$$ hurts, okay?!

So, today I can barely walk and I feel like such an idiot because I did it to myself. Of course, I got AF yesterday so I have cramps to go along with the tailbone pain. Lovely!

I swear, the things we do for kids!!! (And where was DH during all of this? Holding C and watching me..and bowling, too.) :irked:

elephantmeg
05-24-2010, 02:10 PM
ugh! Feeel better soon!!!!!!!!!

BabyMine
05-24-2010, 02:24 PM
Awe, sweety, I'm sorry. :hug5:

I'll write you an RX

- 1 nice warm bath without interuption 1-2 x's day prn.
- 1 http://www.pregnancy.org/bulletinboards/images/smilies/062802drink_prv.gif

Unlimited refill

MamaMolly
05-24-2010, 10:41 PM
Awe, sweety, I'm sorry. :hug5:

I'll write you an RX

- 1 nice warm bath without interuption 1-2 x's day prn.
- 1 http://www.pregnancy.org/bulletinboards/images/smilies/062802drink_prv.gif

Unlimited refill

Ummmm. I need some of that too!!! SHARE????

Julie, can you take Advil? I really think it will help. I'm so sorry your hiney still hurts!

SammyeGail
05-24-2010, 11:24 PM
OMG!! Well, I commend you for doing so much after falling down the stairs. I slipped on the second stair (all hardwood, ouch) and bounced all the way down on my back.

I was in horrid pain. I could hardly do anything, I was on painkillers for days. I even had huge bruises on my back, LOL.

I had to do certain stretches for months. When I went to get X-rays later that day the guy told me I was going to feel alot worse over the next few days than I did then, I didn't believe him, ha-ha-ha.

I am so sorry for the pain you are in. Please take it easy and let that hiney heal up.

Warm baths would be great, do you have a heating pad? That helped me alot with a soft pillow under it. I can't remember if putting a dish/hand towel that had been ran under hot water, as much water rung out as possible, putting it between the heating pad and myself helped (moist heat), but you could try.

If your stomach can handle it, taking 2 Aleves is the same as taking 1 rx Naproxen, it would help the cramps and inflammation. My GYN told me that in case I ever ran out of refills or just wanted to take Aleve for cramps, just wanting you to know I heard it from a reliable source.

I hope you get better soon, please take it easy, let that poor bruised tailbone heal up, you take good care of yourself!!