PDA

View Full Version : alright, who is breast feeding and doing weight watchers?

AnnieW625
05-24-2010, 10:25 PM
Today I went back to my first meeting in almost 2 years and I am glad I went, but I calculated the amount of points I need and the calculator said I need 37 PTS (including the 10 extra pts. per day for breast feeding) per day as I am breast feeding! Honestly as a lifetime member and someone who couldn't lose any weight unless I ate no more than 24 pts. daily the prior three times I needed to lose weight on WW (first 2 yrs. before having DD1, second after DD1, and third after the loss last year--only lost 8lbs though before getting pregnant with DD2) that 37 pts. a day seems a tad high. Has anyone else has luck losing weight while breast feeding and eating that many points?

SnuggleBuggles
05-24-2010, 10:28 PM
I had luck losing weight breastfeeding and I didn't limit calories. I probably ate 2000/ day, maybe 2300? Never did WW though. I just was lucky and b'ing was enough.

Beth

alirebco
05-25-2010, 10:18 AM
I did ww 6 weeks after my son was born and I needed 32 points or something like that. It was hard to eat them all but I found if I did eat them, I lost more weight. Sometimes when you're nursing, if you're starving yourself, your body will hold on to the weight.

AnnieW625
05-25-2010, 06:22 PM
I did ww 6 weeks after my son was born and I needed 32 points or something like that. It was hard to eat them all but I found if I did eat them, I lost more weight. Sometimes when you're nursing, if you're starving yourself, your body will hold on to the weight.

Thanks! Yesterday I ate 31 points, and today for lunch (I haven't tracked yet) I ate a huge bowl of leftover tortellini salad so I am sure that will weigh in right around 12 to 14 pts. I will definitely keep working on it.

DebbieJ
05-25-2010, 07:49 PM
I was doing WW and my target was 36-37 pts. If I stuck with it, I lost weight. If you do it, it works. My problem was I didn't do it. LOL

elektra
05-25-2010, 07:58 PM
Enjoy it while you can Annie!