PDA

View Full Version : Laptop Lunches Group purchase (any interest)?

calv
05-25-2010, 07:18 AM
they're having a special where you get 24 mismatched (just means different colors) for $312. Seems like a great price to me. Anyone interested? I'd be in for at least 3 of them!

http://secure.laptoplunches.com/AMAZING/itemDesc.asp?ic=6000000

WolfpackMom
05-25-2010, 09:40 AM
That is a good price! If you can't find enough people, ecobabybuys.com has them for 19.99 for today's deal.

urooj
05-25-2010, 11:12 AM
i would like to buy 2

doodlesmama
05-25-2010, 12:10 PM
Do you know if they include the bento sleeve?

hillview
05-25-2010, 02:22 PM
I'd be in for 2 or 3.
/hillary

kali
05-25-2010, 03:00 PM
$13 each is a great price--I would be in for one, depending on how much shipping worked out to be. Would you place the order and then ship out to everyone, calv?

According to the link you posted, it does not include a sleeve, but they also have discounted carry cases:
http://secure.laptoplunches.com/AMAZING/itemMatrix.asp?ic=310010%2DBLU&MatrixType=2

Also, there are some other closeout options (e.g. you can get a dozen red and a dozen pink for the same price). Looks like they are clearing out the originals to roll out the 2.0 version, so a lot of stuff is on sale.

By the way, the ecobabybuys deal does include a carrying sleeve, but it's $20, compared to $13 without the sleeve. DS likes his "kiddie" lunchbox, so the sleeve isn't worth it for us.

kellybelly0513
05-25-2010, 03:07 PM
I would get one or two.

SoloMelody
05-25-2010, 03:08 PM
I would be in for 1

KrisM
05-25-2010, 03:10 PM
Also, there are some other closeout options (e.g. you can get a dozen red and a dozen pink for the same price). Looks like they are clearing out the originals to roll out the 2.0 version, so a lot of stuff is on sale.

Just wanted to mention that the 2.0 came out a while ago. We got ours last August. I don't know if they'll continue to have the original version for replacement pieces or not, but they've had them nearly a year now.

msmouse523
05-25-2010, 03:43 PM
I'd like to buy 1.

Tanya
05-25-2010, 03:48 PM
I'd be interested in 1 depending on how much shipping would run.

How much trouble would it be to add a dip container lid (costs $1) to the order? The garbage disposal chewed up one of mine and I've been traumatized ever since.

My 1st grader has used our laptop lunch system all year whenever she packs and it's worked really well and we haven't lost any pieces (except the garbage disposal casualty) and it really helps me make sure I send a variety of food and plenty (she often brings home her leftovers and has them as an after school snack).

Tanya

calv
05-25-2010, 04:05 PM
I can't pic shipping being more than $5 or so maybe a few $ more if you more than 1. Can anyone chime in? I don't ship all the time and dont know the prices/weight of the laptop lunches. anyone care to jump in? shipping to me for 24 of them I think was $35ish dollars total

hellokitty
05-25-2010, 04:11 PM
I'd be in for two boy colored ones.

WatchingThemGrow
05-25-2010, 04:32 PM
I could be in for 2 (maybe 3)more. Primary colored - originals.

jamesmom
05-25-2010, 04:50 PM
I would like to get 1 set in primary colors.

scm5g
05-25-2010, 09:45 PM
I'd like 1 as well. I have a boy, so preferably not too pink.

GonnaBeNana
05-25-2010, 10:32 PM
Those look pretty cool but I don't think my DD would carry her lunch in anything other than her Fighting Sioux Hockey lunch box. She's a die-hard fan to say the least!

jenmcadams
05-26-2010, 12:00 AM
I'd be in for two...
Posted via Mobile Device

graciebellesmomma
05-26-2010, 02:27 AM
I sent you an email, but wanted to make sure that
you know that I would like 2 sets, preferably
"girlie", if possible.

kathleen

SammyeGail
05-26-2010, 05:46 AM
I also just sent you an email, I would be in for 2 boy ones. Primary colors ok, the one in the pic with the purple container would be fine, just can't do too girly ;).

Thanks alot for doing this!!

ckso
05-26-2010, 12:46 PM
This looks nice. Is a sleeve or carrying case necessary? I was thinking it might be good to have for DD at Preschool?

I'm interested for 1 too.

mum-to-be
05-27-2010, 12:57 AM
I'd be in for a red (or one with a few red compartments and other primary colors for my son) and a pink or primary for my daughter. I'd be interested to know how much the shipping will be first though. Thanks for organizing this!

SammyeGail
05-27-2010, 02:32 AM
This looks nice. Is a sleeve or carrying case necessary? I was thinking it might be good to have for DD at Preschool?

I'm interested for 1 too.

I think you would want an insulation case if its something you need to be kept cool. I had checked the measurements of the boys lunch bags and these will fit fine. I can't remember the measurements but the are on the link.

Otherwise you could try putting it in her backpack (if she uses one) or any other little bag that it fits into.

I think I read somewhere the containers are very secure, but the box itself is not as secure as the containers, hope that makes sense!

WatchingThemGrow
05-27-2010, 06:51 AM
OP, does it appear that these are the ORIGINAL LL, not the 2.0 version with more lids and different dimensions? I hope it is the original so it works with my old ones.

KrisM
05-27-2010, 07:33 AM
OP, does it appear that these are the ORIGINAL LL, not the 2.0 version with more lids and different dimensions? I hope it is the original so it works with my old ones.

I'm pretty sure they're the original. The height dimension given is 2 inches and that matches the original. The 2.0 is 2.5 inches. DS has the 2.0 version or I'd be on this one, too!

KrisM
05-27-2010, 07:47 AM
I can't pic shipping being more than $5 or so maybe a few $ more if you more than 1. Can anyone chime in? I don't ship all the time and dont know the prices/weight of the laptop lunches. anyone care to jump in? shipping to me for 24 of them I think was $35ish dollars total

I am shipping things today, so I weighed mine for you. I have the 2.0 version, so a bit different, but the outside, with 4 containers and 2 lids weighs 14 oz. If you ship in a poly bag, you could do it for under 1 pound. If you ship in a bubble mailer or a box, you'll be over 1 pound. I'm in Michigan and I can send under 1 pound to CA for $4.90 Parcel Post and $5.55 Priority Mail. If it's over 1 pound, it is $8.09 Parcel Post and $9.55 Priority Mail.

I don't know where the OP is or where everyone else is, but this will give you an idea of shipping costs at least. If you're far away, use a poly mailer and get it to under 1 pound!

hellbennt
05-27-2010, 07:53 AM
anyone on the fence: my ds has used this for 2 yrs now and it's holding up great! it fits perfectly in a crocodile creek lunchbox and also I've learned/read that it fits in a ll bean (or is it lands' end?) lunch box-
just trying to help enable:D;)

(I have a new one sitting on the shelf waiting for ds2, otherwise I'd be all over it,too!)

hellokitty
05-27-2010, 08:11 PM
I am shipping things today, so I weighed mine for you. I have the 2.0 version, so a bit different, but the outside, with 4 containers and 2 lids weighs 14 oz. If you ship in a poly bag, you could do it for under 1 pound. If you ship in a bubble mailer or a box, you'll be over 1 pound. I'm in Michigan and I can send under 1 pound to CA for $4.90 Parcel Post and $5.55 Priority Mail. If it's over 1 pound, it is $8.09 Parcel Post and $9.55 Priority Mail.

I don't know where the OP is or where everyone else is, but this will give you an idea of shipping costs at least. If you're far away, use a poly mailer and get it to under 1 pound!

Will it handle being in a poly bag mailer? Like the plastic won't end up cracking?

SammyeGail
05-27-2010, 09:16 PM
Will it handle being in a poly bag mailer? Like the plastic won't end up cracking?
:yeahthat:

I was in for 2, I don't want mine sent in a poly bag. Buying a roll of bubble wrap would make me feel alot better, about $6 at Wal-mart. When I ebay my boys shoes I wrap them around about 3 times, I just want them to arrive safe.

Shipping for 2 is killing it for me, I had no idea they were that heavy, but I've committed, just praying I don't get the red containers and black case!

KrisM
05-27-2010, 10:13 PM
Hmm. I would tape the outer box shut. I do think there is a chance it could get damaged in just a poly mailer. Adding a layer or 2 of bubble wrap will definitely protect it, but will add weight. Oh, and I just realized that I didn't include silverware. I only have the full stainless. But, I'm guessing the plastic/stainless set is going to be more than 2 oz total and you'll be at 1 lb before packaging. Poly mailers are about .5oz and the label is a bit more.

So, I do think even with it being the original and not 2.0, you guys will be at the 1-2 lbs rate. In that case, I'd definitely use bubble wrap and a poly to send it and it would likely be just fine. Or use one of the Priority Mail shirt boxes that you can get for free from the PO.

SammyeGail
05-28-2010, 06:12 AM
So, I do think even with it being the original and not 2.0, you guys will be at the 1-2 lbs rate. In that case, I'd definitely use bubble wrap and a poly to send it and it would likely be just fine. Or use one of the Priority Mail shirt boxes that you can get for free from the PO.

Are the Priority shirt boxes the smaller ones that ship for $5 plus change? If one each fits in those thats fine with me :). No bubble wrap needed!

I imagine it would take a big poly bag to ship 2 bubble wrapped in!! I had meant to ask if you wanted me to send you some of my polys, I bought a box of 100 with a free gift card a while back, but with the weight being over 13 oz. the PO wants a Priority bag.

Still praying you don't get alot of red containers with black boxes, LOL, in HS those were our big rivals colors. The life of living in a small town with 2 High Schools ;).

WatchingThemGrow
06-18-2010, 03:45 PM
I just wanted to see what ended up happening with this. Did it work out? I'd still be interested if there are any left.