PDA

View Full Version : Anything know anything about Shettles?

luckytwenty
05-25-2010, 12:13 PM
We didn't do Shettles while TTC, but I'm just curious whether we had "boy timing" or "girl" timing. (Find out next week and I'm very excited!)

We had sex three days in a row before and during ovulation. So I got the OPK+ on a Thursday and my temperature went up on Sunday, and we had sex Thursday, Friday and Saturday. (Yes, we were very thorough!!) We also had it a few other days that week, but much earlier (Sunday, Tuesday.)

Tondi G
05-26-2010, 12:47 AM
The shettles method says to have sex right before/at ovulation for a boy. for a girl you should have sex something like 4 or 5 days before you think you will ovulate and then stop. Something about the boy sperm being quick but dying out... the girls manage to last longer and will be hanging around waiting to fertilize the egg!

I have a friend who tried 2 times to have a girl ... having sex ahead of ovulation. She got 2 boys. Her 3rd child was an oops.... failed vaginal film thing.... it was right at ovulation time and what do you know... she got boy #3!

Personally... I think you have a 50/50 chance of getting one or the other and you get what you get!

luckytwenty
05-26-2010, 03:26 PM
I think you're right--it's 50/50 no matter what!